Senior Network Engineer - Data Center - NYC (closed)
Bear Data Solutions is named as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. magazine in 2010,continues to grow and evolve as a successful IT solutions and services provider. The BEAR Data Team is a group of highly experienced and talented professionals who are passionate about delivering five star service and solutions to their clients.
Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Location: New York, NY
Our customer is seeking a Senior Network Engineer with Data Center Network integration and operation experience of 10+ years and CCIE certification.
- This position will include interfacing directly with senior management as well as senior network engineering duties in the data center.
- This position will oversee and manage Data Center Network environment.
- This position will be responsible for a variety of activities and strategic efforts within the Data Center Network arena.
- The primary role will be to provide daily support within the data center.
- The candidate will interact with the customer and vendors to gather requirements, solutions to meet day to day requirements of the operations of the data center network.
- The candidate will be responsible for documenting those requirements and working with the team (customer, vendors, and engineers) to design, develop and oversee implementations that meet the customer?s requirements and maximize availability of those data center systems.
- This candidate must bring a passion for data center networking along with the ability to set corporate direction for a multi layered business organization.
- College or Technical diploma/certification in Network Management Systems, related telecommunications field and experience is also acceptable.
- CCIE or equivalent would be preferred.
- Data Center Network integration and operation experience ? 10+ years
- Experience in Network design, auditing and implementation
- Understanding of Data Center networks as well as application access and flow
- Very high level expertise in Network troubleshooting
Knowledge of data networking including TC/IP, UDP, RTP and routing protocols
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of protocol Analyzers
- Working knowledge of Firewalls and Proxies
- Very high analytical skills and an understanding of complex data center networking
- Network/Availability Management knowledge
SLA Management knowledge
- Life cycle and capacity planning for network components
- Research, recommend, and oversee implementation of new Data Network technology products
- Fully capable and comfortable in presenting to CxO level executives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional written and verbal skills including presentation skills
- Time Management & Multitasking
- Confident ? ability to interface with internal and external customers
- Responsible ? self motivating
- Project Management skills
- Capable of managing customer expectations
- Understanding of the IT Outsourcing environment
- Knowledge of the financial aspects around service delivery
- Embrace the benefits of new technologies
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com