.NET Developer (closed)
New York, NY
Open based on Experience compensation
Report this Job as Spam
Position Title: .NET Consultant
Location: New York City, NY
Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
- The candidate will be responsible for the technical development and support of custom C#, Excel, VBA and Microsoft SQL based application.
- There will be opportunity to work with and around business-critical systems.
- As a member of the Systems Development team, participation in discussions and interactions with multiple departments including Actuaries, Business Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance and Infrastructure will be extensive.
- Contribute to the design, development and delivery of business critical systems.
- Perform hands-on development and support activities for complex C#, Excel, VBA and Microsoft SQL solutions.
- Create and document solution designs and architectures.
- Develop well-engineered, supportable technology solutions that meet the needs of the global users, Business, IT and integrate well with the existing overall architectural standards in the company.
- Work with Project Managers to determine estimates, timelines and project tasks.
- Participate in requirements gathering process.
- Participate in establishing guidelines and standards for the coding.
- Ensure that the support and infrastructure staffs have all proper information for deployment and support.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities independently and with efficiency.
- 5+ Years of Information Systems/Technology experience.
- At least 5 years experience in .NET Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0 and the C# language. Must have expert knowledge.
- At least 2 years experience with Excel/VBA development is required. Must be able to create and customize VSTO solution.
- At least 5 years experience in SQL Server 2005/2008 (stored procedures, UDFs, views, etc.) and T-SQL language.
- Experience with Web Services (WCF / .NET 2.0 Web Services) and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Must have strong understanding of object oriented design and programming concepts.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Integration with enterprise systems and overall architectural standards knowledge.
- Prior Insurance/Reinsurance or other regulated industry experience a plus.
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines.
- Should have strong documentation skills and strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle best practices.
- Excellent communication presentation and organization skills with ability to communicate effectively across multiple IT team disciplines.