Java Applictions Architect
- § Design Internet applications using a variety of Web server technologies including HTML, JAVA, EJB, Spring, Hibernate and others.
- § Collaborate with others across multiple IT application areas in order to ensure effective integration among various information systems and IT infrastructure.
- § Create and maintain UML models and detailed technical design documents from which developers build code.
- § Possess a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of application design and development.
- § Maintain technical knowledge.
- § Perform work independently with little supervision.
- § Provide problem resolution from a technical perspective.
- § Provide weekly time reports and participate in staff meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- · Ability to communicate effectively.
- · Ability to work as a member of a team and independently.
- · Ability to meet aggressive deadlines while maintaining a high degree of quality.
- · Ability to perform work which requires a great deal of attention to detail.
- · Proficient with OO concepts and how they apply to application design.
- · Proficient with using UML to communicate application design
- · Proficient with SOA concepts
- · Proficient in JAVA development.
- · Proficient in creating and maintaining UML for application development.
- · Knowledge of identifying and using design patterns.
- · Knowledge of MVC frameworks.
- · Knowledge of EJBs, SOAP and web services.
- · Knowledge of DB2 and SQL concepts.
- · Knowledge of XML.
- · Knowledge of Web Security as it applies to application architecture.
Nice to have Experience:
- · Experience with Hibernate
- · Experience with Spring
- · Experience with WebSphere
- · Experience with IBM MQ and JMS
- · Experience with Coldfusion
Minimum Experience and Training:
Applicants for this position should have a strong knowledge of JAVA, object-oriented design concepts, UML, design patterns and SQL. Applicants MUST have two years of web application design experience.