Plant Manager - EMS (closed)
Our client is a leading Electronic Manufacturing Services company and manufacturer of electronic printed circuit board assemblies serving the world's most innovative companies. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, our client has more than 18 years of experience producing high quality PCBA's, electronic cables and harnesses.
Our EMS client's manufacturing plant located in Mexicali, Mexico has an opening for a Plant Manager. This plant manager position has responsibility for leading the overall Mexicali facility, which has 220+ employees. This role will lead teams in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Provides leadership to all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create high performance continuous improvement focused culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership, direction and manage all Plant operations to include manufacturing, operational excellence, materials, quality, EHS and human resources.
· Develop, implement and review suitable short and long range plans to achieve assigned Plant and group objectives such as the profit plan, strategic plan, human resource organizational capability plan and forecasts.
· Coordinate and direct through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to manufacturing, asset utilization, inventory control, facilities control, building lay-out and construction, maintenance, manufacturing projects and studies, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration.
· Responsible for contributing to the development of all plant policies, consistent with the direction of the overall company organization.
· Review, maintain, control, implement corrective action and regularly report on the financial progress of the plant within the assigned group to maintain profit plan expectations and insure incremental performance.
· Implementation and adherence to the Company Business System, Quality System, Lean Six Sigma, Balanced Score Card and Business Operating System.
· Foster an environment of Employee Engagement by embracing Continuous Improvement culture tools.
· Ensure that Company policies, practices and initiatives are implemented and followed.
· Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental and labor regulations is required.
· Represent Company in local organizations and community service activities.
· Serves as a key business partner and decision maker in the business.
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related engineering technical field with at least 6 to 8 years of related experience with supervisory or management level experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must have previous experience as a plant manager, or Operations Manager or equivalent role with direct reports.
· Strong Electronics Assembly experience required. PCBA , SMT is highly preferred. Contract manufacturing background is highly desireable.
· Formal Lean training in Value Stream Management tools, Visual Factory, kaizen. SMED and other key Lean tools and methodologies.
· Knowledge of current manufacturing (assembly and fabrication), engineering, materials, supply chain, financial, and quality assurance systems, processes, and practices.
· Financial and business acumen; prior profit and loss responsibility desired
· Strong knowledge and experience with process tools such as profit planning, strategic planning, organizational capability assessment, supply chain management and environmental, health and safety.
· Broad business acumen, ability to plan and manage execution of business plans.
· Drives customer satisfaction, cost of quality, inventory, productivity, organizational development, manufacturing profit and other operational metrics of the facility.
· Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across the company.
· Develops and maintains innovative and effective cost reduction programs throughout operations.
· Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance.
· Proven team leader who can articulate clear direction that is consistent with Company?s vision, strategy and direction.
· High energy individual with strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Must be highly adaptable, resilient, possess good judgment, have a high level of tolerance for change, ability to see the big picture and keep composure under stressful fast paced situations.