Applications DBA (closed)
A New York-based leading provider of full-service online marketing solutions seeks a Senior Applications DBA.
The selected candidate will have an ability to share expertise in both RDBMS and NoSQL; be able to communicate strengths/weaknesses and appropriateness of each solution class.
As a member of the Shared Services team, the successful candidate will be proficient in understanding data strategy on an enterprise level as well as implementing on project level.
- Interact with Product Owners and project team to understand business requirements
- Work with delivery teams in refining the conceptual system design into optimal physical database design
- Design, create and tune SQL/application database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc)
- Develop database packages, procedures, functions and triggers
- Assist developers with data access methods and optimal usage of database resources
- Perform database application performance tuning and optimization
- Monitoring and runtime optimization of applications data jobs, replication and ETL activities in preproduction environments
- Planning for future capacity and performance needs (organic and strategic growth)
- Establish and maintain database standards and best practices
- Follow existing SOPs, recommend improvements as needed
- Comply with all Security, Architecture and Infrastructure standards
- Run deployment scripts in multiple database environments
- Update support documentation to minimize "key man risk"
- Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams
- Interface with production-support vendor for post-deployment hand-off
- Provide leadership, technical advice and support to continuously improve the database strategy
- Partners with dev teams to formulate approach and appropriate uses of utilities and DMBS Tools
- Maintain leading edge knowledge of industry and technology trends, to effectively assess and recommend appropriate technology ( both traditional and NoSQL )
- Research, evaluate, lead POC and recommend DB solutions.
Required Skills / Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-7 years in both OLTP and DW design in a high volume, low latency environment
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle 11G, MySQL 5.5 databases and PL SQL required.
- Experience with database-related tools such as SQLPlus, Toad, a modeling tool, ADDM, AWR, and OEM
- Experience with migration and deployment of code required
- Demonstrated experience tuning databases in a multi-terabyte (5+) Oracle environment
- Superior analytical and problem resolution skills
- Must be able to work effectively alone or in a team environment
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
- Proactive personality with a proven track record of delivering on responsibilities and tasks
Desired Skills: (preferred, but not required)
- Oracle DBA Certifications
- Experience with MongoDB or comparable NoSQL experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience in an Informatica environment
- Experience with Automated Deployment and Continuous Integration
Participate in the growing, fast-paced industry of online marketing, advertising and publishing. Join the leader in solutions specializing in the areas of Affiliate Marketing, Search Marketing, and Lead Generation. Our client offers a full range of benefits, including incentive pay.