Java Developer with GIS Experience (closed)
Trigyn's Direct Government Client has a long term contract assignment (12 Months) for a Java Developer with Google Map Experience in Brooklyn, NY.
The client’s GIS group builds and hosts web mapping applications built using Java and open source technologies like Spring, Hibernate, and OGC standard WFS and WMS implementations like Geoserver. The ideal candidate would have experience in both front-end and back-end development, as well as unit and performance testing.
Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
The preferred candidate must possess:
• At least 4 years of Java development experience
• Strong object oriented design (OOD) skills
• Understanding of MVC architecture
• Experience and proficiency with developer-written unit tests
• Strong understanding of agile methodologies and techniques
• Experience developing SOAP and REST web services
• Experience with Google Maps and Maps Engine
• Strong working knowledge of RDBMS and SQL, including database design
• Ability to work within a development team utilizing tools such as Eclipse, Subversion and Maven
• Ability to manage the software lifecycle through development, testing, staging and production deployment to standard servlet containers such as Tomcat and Sun Java System Web Server
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Understanding of spatially enabled RDBMS such as Oracle Spatial (SDO), PostGIS, etc.
• Experience programming with OGC WMS and WFS APIs
• Experience with the GeoServer and GeoWebCache
• Experience with web mapping APIs like OpenLayers, Leaflet
• Load testing of software using LoadRunner
Do send your resume at email@example.com or call at 732-510-5006 for more details