Sr. Java/GWT Developer (closed)
New York, NY
Sr. Java/GWT Developer – 6+ months – New York, NY
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work as a senior developer on Java Web/UI projects.
- Undertake independently the major and critical coding tasks of a project
- Provide solutions using design patterns, common techniques, and industry best practices that meet the typical challenges/requirements of a web based UI application including usability, performance, security, and compatibility
- Participate, contribute, assimilate and provide opinion on changes, enhancements and design being done to the project.
- 8-10+ Yrs of experience in Java technology of which at least 3 years should be in Web/UI development
- Expert-level knowledge of core Java and some JEE technologies such as JDBC and JAXB.
- Expert-level knowledge of Java/Web technologies such as Servlets, JSP, HTML, Struts
- Hands-on experience with a major AJAX(like) framework such as EXT-JS, GXT, or GWT
- Hands-on experience in developing a significant web based UI application
- Knowledge of a database such as IBM DB2 or Oracle
- Knowledge of application servers such as WebSphere or WebLogic.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring is a plus
- Knowledge of messaging middle-ware IBM MQ (preferred) or TIBCO EMS
- Should have strong communication skills
- Ability to work on complex projects with globally distributed teams and tight timelines
- Familiarity with a portal technology
- Experience in financial services
- B. S. or beyond in computer science