Digital Data Analyst /Customer Insights Manager (closed)
Position: Digital Data Analyst /Customer Insights Manager
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6+ months contract to hire
We are seeking a smart, energetic and hardworking candidate with direct marketing experience as a key member of the team. This person will have full responsibility for the managing day to day data analytics and reporting in support of business goals and KPI’s for traffic and engagement, registration, and customer acquisition and retention for product and subscription sales.
This is an important strategic role for evolving our understanding of customers across channels including the website, eStore, social media, eMail, and mobile devices. This is a new position and we’re looking for someone with enthusiasm and expertise to shape this role and manage a focused support team.
- § Analyze and quantify results of marketing campaigns and ongoing marketing programs and provide actionable recommendations to optimize performance
- § Use knowledge of statistics and data mining to derive insights from internal and external marketing research studies
- § Manage data analytics to help to develop and optimize cross channel merchandising plans to drive subscriptions, single issue copy sales, and sales via mobile applications
- § Automate data aggregation and reporting through Excel VBA
- § Incorporate customer transactional history, and visitor website activity, and survey data, in statistical models and multivariate analyses
- § Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. Marketing, eCommerce, Technology, and Customer Service)
- § Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and assisting them in translating business needs into research requirements
- § Quickly respond to ad hoc analytic or research requests common in a dynamic, fast-paced, data-driven environment
- § Assist in the development of SA’s listening platform (SMM) to inform marketing and business strategies
- § Champion digital Customer Segmentation findings and recommendations throughout the organization.
- § Experience with marketing research including survey design and programming, analysis, and synthesis of data for stakeholders
- § Hands-on experience with web and mobile analytics platform(s) (WebTrends, Ominiture, AdMob)
- § Univariate statistical analysis with multivariate and experimental design a plus
- § Comfortable performing exploratory data analysis independently
- § Demonstrated problem solving ability with emphasis on drawing inferences with data
- § Ability to learn and quickly apply new tools and techniques
- § Effectively manage projects supporting multiple internal stakeholders
- § Exemplary communication and presentation skills with strong business acumen to understand corporate strategy, interact with clients and present actionable findings
- § Experience with predictive analytics and CRM applications a plus
- § Must be proficient in using Microsoft Excel to perform analyses and incorporating findings into PowerPoint presentations
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or related area required. A degree in Marketing, Business, or Social Sciences is preferred. MBA a plus.
- Two or more years total work experience in market research or customer insights. Ecommerce or retail experience a plus.
- Analytical, curious, and determined problem solver
- Ability to digest diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories
- Adept at working collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment
- High degree of self-motivation and tenacity with attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to provide meaningful recommendations and insights
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong passion to understand business needs and possess a drive to analyze results and focus on continuous improvement
If interested, please email your resume as a Word document to Christina Caruso at email@example.com.