Program Manager (closed)
Infrastructure Transformation Program Director New York City
Our partner is a rapidly expanding team of consultants operating in Europe and the United States of America combining strategic experience in virtualization and cloud computing with technology know-how. Virtual Clarity clients include large financial services, telecoms and retail banking organizations.
Working on an engagement at a major financial services provider, we are seeking a high caliber individual to act as Director for a major infrastructure services transformation program. Based in New York City, this contract role will have responsibility for the formation and management of a high visibility project for a top tier financial services organization.
24 month Program, with initial contract for 3 to 6 months. Immediate start; extensions and/or a subsequent offer of permanent employment may be possible depending on capability, performance and results during the first contract period.
Only candidates who are legally authorized to work in the US and can pass our background screening will be considered.
· Experience of managing large-scale infrastructure migrations or rollouts (multiple hundreds of applications and systems) in a Financial Services organization
· Demonstrated ability to establish program governance and stakeholder management
· Experience of developing business cases and successfully selling them to senior management
· Demonstrated understanding of project and program management in a complex, distributed organization
· Detailed understanding of Program Management concepts and structures and their application
· Strong understanding of how to manage change successfully in the face of competing priorities
· Experience of large-scale infrastructure modernization programs
· Experience of delivering large-scale consultancy assignments to corporate clients
Qualifications and Skills
· Proven delivery experience in complex mission critical environments
· The ability to work in a challenging, complex and fast-paced environment
· Excellent written, PowerPoint and verbal skills
· Strong influencing and collaborative working skills
· Master?s/bachelor?s degree or equivalent
· Significant industry experience
· PMP, PRINCE or equivalent credentials would be advantageous
This role will require working with many levels within Virtual Clarity and its clients and therefore a positive, out-going and engaging personality is essential as are an investigative and inquisitive nature, attention to detail and self-motivation.