Senior Account Manager or Director (closed)
The Senior Account Manager (possibly Director) oversees and manages assigned client marketing and promotional needs and also maintains an effective level of direct contact with these clients with some supervision. The Senior Account Manager will manage and direct strategic planning and projects as well as being the key day-to-day client contact, maintaining a highly responsive service orientation in all interactions.
Working on various clients, you will be responsible for leveraging their sports & entertainment sponsorships to deliver flawless hospitality and consumer events across the U.S. and globally.
Important characteristics for success in this role are solid verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking, strategic thinking, organizational skills, interpersonal skills and a proactive approach. It is also essential that this person have a clear understanding of today’s marketing and promotional business, strong digital experience and a keen sense of entrepreneurship.
The Senior Account Manager will supervise Account Managers, Associate Account Managers and Field Staff.
- Strategic ability to conceive, develop and implement programs that build the client brand and provide a foundation to drive client business growth
- Provide support to Director, Client Service on planning and developing work needed to execute projects on account team
- Design, implement and track programs through client revenue driving channels
- Manage internal and external support staff on execution and delivery of programs
- Manage budgets, budget tracking, and client invoicing maintaining Agency’s financial status with client
- Develop relationships with corporate and regional clients on as needed basis
- Develop appropriate communication to home office, local clients, project managers and other pertinent individuals on as need basis
- Provide post-event reporting and ROI analysis as required by company and project
- Execute project within regional budgets and track as necessary
- Apply best practices and learnings from previous projects to elevate performance level
- Recognizes and acts on growth opportunities within current clients; organically grow business with other groups
- Position yourself as a leader within the team and company to help lead growth and development of organization
- Minimum of five to seven years experience (7-10 for Director)with increased responsibility working with event marketing and the comprehension of the complexities of event management
- Experience in client management is a necessity
- Ability to develop and sustain strong working relationships with multiple national, local clients and client partners
- Effective management skills with prior internal & remote staff management
- Adept at building relationships and working in a team environment with proven track record of sharing ideas, providing encouragement, building on other’s ideas, giving due appreciation and bringing out the best in others
- Quick learner with skills to swiftly learn and comprehend the complex industry of the client
- Strong planning and organizational skills to effectively manage numerous personnel and program simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem-solving and solutions skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with large consumer brands
- Knowledge of cutting edge event marketing tactics and digital space
- Previous experience developing training materials, presentations and programming for corporate/sales audience a plus
- Willing and able to work nonstandard hours, weekends and travel as required
- Must have professional appearance and persona with a strong work ethic and a positive,
- Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)