Application Developer (closed)
This position is all about turning client needs, wants and expectations into realities. You will alongside creative directors, social media experts, account executives and end clients to create and implement a variety of technical solutions. You will experience the freedom of building custom web sites using your own leadership and programming skills. You will be responsible for application architecture, front-end implementation, database design/programming, and technical development.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges and takes extreme pride in their work. You will work with a talented and creative team that doesn’t back away from a challenge and genuinely enjoys creating solutions for our clients.
- Experience working with HTML5 and mobile application development professionally or recreationally.
- Candidates should have a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming using Java and/or .net.
- A solid understanding of the web application development processes.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is a plus.
- Experience optimizing applications for viewing on the web and on mobile/tablet platforms.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop or the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience with jquery, ruby on rails, php, git, social media apis, and cms systems would be nice. At the very least the candidate should know what they are.
- Creation of sites from provided designs by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Development of robust and user-friendly web applications using html, .net, java, php, ruby or other web development languages.
- Sit in on (and contribute to) solution design sessions.
- Design, creation, and maintenance of relational database schemas.
- Application and application framework design as needed.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and clients.
- Answer client questions and provide technical expertise.
- Record time daily.
- Take on other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.