Senior Java Developer - Risk Technology
We are looking for a senior developer to work directly for our reputable banking/financial client.
Scope: Responsible for design and development efforts towards building essential elements of US and Global Risk Technology.
Risk Technology are working on several new mission critical Risk Management projects simultaneously. In some cases, applications will be leveraging (or tightly integrated) with software developed by other groups. Others involve deploying third party tools for the Enterprise. The candidate filling this role is expected to lead the design and development of frameworks, modules, and tools to be adopted across all these projects.
The candidate will be expected to assist in propagating their knowledge and their diverse technology skills to help/ motivate /assist other US and Global Development Teams -- including suggesting enhancements to core infrastructure and platforms to help with improvement and expansion.
- Mentor/coach/train other developers in all aspects of software engineering, and establish best practices.
- Support, maintain and debug existing applications including testing, deployment, and configuration/release management.
- Follow proper Software Development Life Cycle approach, generate good time estimates, and focus on meeting projected schedules within budget.
- Candidate must possess 10 years of industry experience in application software development, at least 5 of which should be in development of large scale, multi-tier, multi-threaded application frameworks.
- Well versed in object oriented design/methodologies, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Expertise in developing Java applications to move large volumes of data around
o Good understanding of Relational Databases, preferably Oracle or SQL Server
o Ability to lead a team of junior developers
- Must have at least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or work experience equivalent
- Communication skills and ability to talk to all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated self-starter
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience with utilizing Oracle Business Intelligence software or other Reporting toolsets
- Experience working in Capital Markets Risk, Pricing, or Trading applications is highly desirable but candidates from other industries will be considered with similar experience
- Experience with third party Fixed Income software like Polypaths, Winfits, Riskmetrics, Intex, and data provider API’s and tools from vendors like Bloomberg, Reuters, Markit, Trepp, TRACE, etc.
****Ask about our generous referral program *****