Director, Enterprise Strategy & Strategic Initiatives
Reporting to the VP, Enterprise Strategy, Strategic Initiatives & Business Development, the role of the Director, Enterprise Strategy & Strategic Initiatives is responsible for assisting with Enterprise Strategy development, planning and execution in support of the CFO, CEO, Board of Directors and the Enterprise Strategy & Strategic Initiatives and Business Development team. This role may also leads cross functional teams to execute initiatives of strategic nature in support of the enterprise, division and functional strategies.
- Supports & collaborates in the development of enterprise strategy. Work with senior management to refine the company’s mission and develop short- and long-term strategic business goals. Makes recommendations to senior management and assist in the development of and communication of the firm's goals.
- Develops enterprise goals and monitors progress. Handle special projects and initiatives delegated by the ELT such as cross functional and divisional initiatives. Partner with the Enterprise Strategy & Strategic Initiatives and Strategic Execution Teams to lead initiatives important for the overall transformation of the company.
- Track key metrics that are germane to achievement of objectives. Partner with business and functional heads to identify and triage business development and growth opportunities.
- Analyze strategic business decisions and new business opportunities - help identify possible strategic partnerships while working collaboratively with the divisions.
- Provide strategic leadership with decision authority within the context of the initiative regarding priorities, timeline, and issues.
- Provide ongoing work direction to leaders of various subproject components.
- Identify key metrics and internal/external drivers of success by business and for the enterprise.
- Create and manage presentations for Executive Management and BOD
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA (major in Strategy, Finance, Marketing, or Operations) highly desired.
- 3-5+ years of strategy consulting experience with a recognized strategy consulting firm
- At least 3-5+ years of broad work/management experience within the insurance and/or financial services field (post-MBA)
- Strategic business acumen and proven leadership skills, with potential to grow
- Ability to successfully work across all levels of the organization, including interacting with executive management and is a trusted decision maker
- Ability to handle complex negotiations and to balance priorities across stakeholders with demonstrated
- Ability to solve complex business problems
- Team Player
- Ability to understand high complexity, strategic situations that affect the people, process, and technology components of the enterprise.
- Proven ability to lead change
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking as well as "roll up your sleeves" action
- Experience evaluating strategic impact of acquisitions and/or divestitures strongly desired
- Ability to work independently in a complex, highly matrixed environment.
- Proficiency with consulting tools and practices
- Expert in PowerPoint and have prior experience creating board presentations
- Financial Modeling preferred but not required
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Leadership skills (described below):
- Inspires Excellence. The Leader champions a compelling vision, clearly communicates the direction and articulates expectations to connect all employees to the overall strategy, exudes passion for winning with integrity that energizes the entire team…is visible and genuine.
- Delivers Results. Focuses on key priorities, drives simplicity and clear accountabilities, removes obstacles and has a bias for action.
- Trusted Decision-Maker. The Leader applies sound judgment and good instincts, is decisive and has the courage to take risks.
- Enterprise Team Player. Drives an enterprise focus, holds themselves and others accountable for working seamlessly across the lines of business and functions to maximize the return for the organization and drive One Culture.
- Forward Thinker. Sees beyond the immediate, looks at trends and external market opportunities. Drives growth and innovation – is not hindered by “the way we’ve always done things.”
****Ask about our generous referral program *****