Support Developer for Financial Services Firm (closed)
Mid-level support team member, working as part of a global team to support, and maintain a 22-
hour trading system. Candidate should have 3-5 yrs. work experience, preferably in the
Financial Services industry. Requires full understanding of the system architecture,
applying/suggesting bug fixes, developing new tools for system monitoring and reporting, and
working with the internal business to identify and resolve issues. The role offers end-to-end
understanding of a complex online bond trading platform. They will get to know the architecture
- The development of system instrumentation and monitoring tools.
- The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
- Resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Experience supporting an existing large system to very high levels of availability, ideally of financial and especially trading systems is desirable.
- As this is a support role, ideal candidate should prefer working on an existing system as opposed to developing from scratch.
- In this role you will be very proactive and be able to understand the business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
- The team works very closely, and it is a high pressure mission critical production environment.
- Candidate in this role requires good communication skills as they will be dealing with internal customers on a regular basis.
- In this role you will be required to be flexible regarding work schedule, including occasional weekend duties.
- Four year degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 or more years of object oriented development experience (ideally Microsoft visual C++)
- Relational Database experience.
- A structured, methodical approach.
- A delivery-focused attitude.
- The ability to work within a team environment and be a team-player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Fixed income market knowledge would be a plus