Datacenter Support Engineer (Tier 1)
We are looking for a Datacenter Support Engineer to work directly for our client in White Plains, NY. Great Work Environment!
Perform Datacenter Operations responsibilities including but not limited to server support activities for software and hardware problems reported by users and other IT departments, triage and/or resolution of incident and service request tickets within predefined SLA and OLA levels and installation of new hardware and software, working with third parties as necessary.
• Perform systems monitoring activities with the goal of maintaining general health and uptime leveraging the below listed monitoring and reporting tools. Review and maintain existing monitoring processes and related interfaces. Achieve an operational understanding of the inner workings of existing monitoring systems and, specifically, the configuration of clients to be monitored by What’s up Gold, and SCOM.
o SCOM alerts
o What's Up Gold
o Monitor IMS Environmental system
• Participate in the rotating on-call/after-hours & weekend support schedule as a junior member of the Platform Services team.
• Participate in Infrastructure projects as a project lead or resource, responsible for executing tasks and producing deliverables as outlined in the Project Plan and directed by the Project Manager, at whatever level of effort or participation has been defined for them. Projects for 2010 include but are not limited to RMS, ILM, Monitoring, Backup, Storage and Virtualization.
• Support and implement company’s Group security policies and external regulatory standards (e.g., SOX) which apply to information technology.
• Build, monitor and maintain remote servers following standard processes.
• Work with team members to evaluate server needs and requirements.
• Rack and un-rack, build and maintain servers in the data centers following industry best practices to ensure high-availability.
• Perform software upgrades, security patches, and planned maintenance and reporting, following established procedures.
• Review, improve and maintain technical documentation for administration, security and emergency management.
• Prevent, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software errors and perform break/fix maintenance in the Production environment.
• Maintain strict change control of the server infrastructure.
• Continuously identify and report areas of improvement in the server and client arena and implement improvements when approved.
• Contribute to on-going research and evaluation of new technologies.
• Responsible for completing other work requirements or tasks that are requested by IT management when necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the department or company.
• Working continuously on a task until completion to ensure business systems remain available 24/7.
• The ability to multitask while ensuring the highest quality of work is maintained.
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
• Establishing a good working relationship with customers and other IT groups.
• Be able to work independently within established polices and procedures
• Perform routine tasks unsupervised.
• Travel as required.
• Strong background in an Infrastructure environment with a minimum of 3 year’s experience.
• Excellent technical skills including however not limited to Microsoft Operating systems server 2003/2008 including Active Directory, Windows 7, networking both LAN and WAN, Office 2010 applications, Citrix, Blackberry, Microsoft Exchange 2007/10, Microsoft SQL Server, VMware vSphere 5x
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager desirable
• A degree in Information Technology is desirable.
• Excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• The ability to work well in a team.
• The ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
• Customer focused.
• Desired Insurance/Reinsurance Industry experience and knowledge with an understanding of the terminology, business functions and processes.
• Very strong problem solving and analytical skills and is a systemic thinker.
• Seeks to expand knowledge and experience and is committed to continuous learning.
****Ask about our generous referral program *****