Ruby Developer (closed)
Job Title: Ruby Developer
Location: New York, NY 10011 (SoHo district of Manhattan, NYC)
Type: Contract to Hire (Possibility of converting to full-time employee)
Duration: 6+ Months
Compensation: Based upon Experience
Our client is an internationally recognized style-centric social network and has turned to Sound Advice to help them identify, qualify and present qualified individual for this critical position (see below).
· As the company’s second developer, you will work with the other developer to drive the site forward in every direction imaginable.
· You will work the entire stack, from HTML to Controllers to some basic server administration.
· You will work on everything from the custom CMS powering the site, to new public-facing features like our wildly popular photo polls, to addressing architectural issues like our activity stream, to the mechanics powering core features like posting, commenting, and complimenting.
· While this position does not require design experience per se, it does require an eye and attention to detail to be able to take a mockup from a designer and turn it into a functioning page quickly and precisely.
· This position requires outstanding skills in deconstructing problems, as you will be directly responsible for the entire life cycle of features and user stories.
· The client is a small, start-up environment, and you would be our second developmental hire, so some Agile experience is highly valued.
· Languages (required unless otherwise noted)
o 3 years min. HTML 4 & 5
o 3 years min. Ruby 1.8 - 1.9
o 2 years min. CSS 2 & 3
o 1 year min. SQL
o Objective-C 2.0 (Not required, but a big plus)
o (Not required) Sass
· Required Platforms/Apps/Tools (required unless otherwise noted)
o 2 years min. Rails 2.3 - 3
o 2 years min. WebKit/Modern HTML+JS+CSS development
o 1 year min. MySQL 5
o Mac OS X/UNIX/Linux
o Redis (Not required, but a big plus)
o Photoshop CS3 - CS5 (Not required, but a big plus)
o Cocoa/Cocoa Touch (Not required, but a big plus)
· Skills (required unless otherwise noted)
o Agile estimating and planning
o User stories, iterations
o Test-driven development, refactoring
o Rapid prototyping
o Semantic and cross-browser HTML development
o Rails & non-Rails software architecture design and scaling
o Software (GoF) and Rails-specific design patterns
o Model-View-Controller design
o RESTful API design
o Basic UNIX server administration
· Not required, but a big plus:
o Basic graphic and UI design
o Artificial/Collective intelligence programming
o Game mechanics
o Reporting and data manipulation
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
SORRY * NO VISA TRANSFERS OR SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME
About Sound Advice:
Sound Advice Consulting Services LLC (Sound Advice) is a premier consulting, talent acquisition, and recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) firm dedicated to satisfying our clients' needs for high quality - and often very hard to find - talent.
Our principal objective is to provide clients with cost effective contract consulting, direct hire / permanent placement, and RPO resources that will enable them to successfully achieve their business goals and objectives.
We are amongst the industry leaders in providing Agile/Scrum Professionals in support of product development and project management initiatives. We specialize in providing resources for such functional roles as Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts, User Interface (UI) Designers and Engineers, Software (SW) Developers/ Engineers, and Database Administration (DBA). Our industry focus is primarily in Healthcare IT / Life Sciences (Health Care and Pharmaceuticals), Financial Services IT, and IT Management / Consulting.
Sound Advice professionals have nearly fifty years of combined industry experience serving clients throughout the United States. For more information about our firm or any of our service offerings, please contact us at 877.707.7227 (877.707.SACS) or 212.679.7227, or visit us on the web at www.soundadvice.jobs. To see all of our current/open position please visit the Sound Advice Job Board.