Financial Systems Integration Data Analyst (closed)
New York, NY
Report this Job
Financial Data Analyst, Systems Integration Analyst
Group: Operations Technology
- Take high-level summaries of new data interfaces or changes to existing data interfaces and research their requirements.
- Perform data analysis and create detailed data mapping specifications.
- Data flow diagrams
- Field level mappings
- Rules for multiple applications
- Design and write test cases, to be executed by a dedicated QA team.
- Provide level two support to user test environment.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in financial services with a background in investment accounting or record keeping and / or security reference data.
- Technical background required to write SQL for the purpose of analysis, with basic to intermediate understanding of data modeling and design.
- Extensive experience of data migration and / or application integration projects a strong advantage.
- Flexible team player who can support several areas simultaneously.
- Good understanding of the securities industry, financial instruments (stocks, bonds, and derivative instruments)
- Ability to write and run database stored procedures required to support detailed data analysis, data mapping, and data research to prepare specifications and provide production support for data research.
- Experience in requirements gathering and analysis and working with technology teams.
- Strong understanding of typical software development life-cycle processes and artifacts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Able to effectively communicate about projects, document requirements, write functional specifications, test plans, etc.
- Discuss technical proposals with software development managers.
- 3+ years experience in relational database (SQL) query language required.
- Oracle technologies for querying and analyzing data desired.
- Strong candidates without experience of Oracle but with experience of a comparable RDBMS will be considered.