Manager, MRO/Maintenance Engineering (closed)
Please note: to be considered, please apply via the Amylin website at: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH17/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=AMYLIN&cws=1&rid=638
This position will be responsible for managing the Engineering Maintenance program, including Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Planning, Maintenance Stockroom and CMMS.
- Define and manage stategic direction for the department.
- Manage and enhance overall Maintenance strategy for site process and facilities equipment.
- Implement Predictive and Condition-Based Maintenance program. Optimize existing Preventive Maintenance program.
- Manage Site Spare Parts inventory systems, including storage, kitting, CMMS data, assessment of critical spares and inventory optimization.
- Improve existing Maintenance Planning systems to ensure efficient maintenance execution.
- Lead and plan major site shutdown periods.
- Implement Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) program.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical)
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on engineering and maintenance management experience in regulated environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading a complex maintenance organization.
- Experience implementing RCM, RCFA, Predictive and Condition-Based maintenance programs.
- Strong knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), MAXIMO preferred.
- Prefer a strong knowledge of cGMP facilities and cGMP requirements.
- Experience managing an MRO Spare Parts stockroom.
- Knowledge of Reliability and Maintainability Engineering fundamentals.
- Experience with maintenance planning systems and practices.
- Experience with coordinating plant shutdowns and contractors.
- Strong team development, interpersonal, and relationship building skills. Ability to think creatively and constructively solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self directed and able to contribute individually and as a member of a team.
- Excellent time/project management, planning and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency.
Up to 20% travel required
Frequently use a computer keyboard, PDA or other electronic devices.
Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at colume levels consistent with interpersonal or group conversations. Ability to interpret the letters and numbers when viewed on a personal computer screen, PDA, reports and other documents.
Office, laboratory and manufacturing environment.