Senior IT Auditor (closed)
The primary objective of the IT Audit function within GIA is to validate that the design and operation of the General Mills computer applications and systems are adequately controlled while meeting the appropriate business needs. To achieve this objective, the Senior IT Auditor will use a risk-based approach to plan and execute application control reviews and IT audits to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of IT controls in support of worldwide business operations.
Job Description: The Senior IT Auditor will identify risks and controls that may impact the integrity of reported financial information, the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and controls, and/or the achievement of business objectives. This will include analyzing system design, current operating practices, and policies and procedures; assessing compliance with company standards/policies and laws/regulations; and recommending changes to improve compliance, risk management, and organization/business unit performance.
• Research assigned systems or IT processes prior to application control reviews and audits, lead risk identification and scoping discussions, develop and execute audit procedures, and complete required workpaper documentation.
• Consult with appropriate personnel throughout application control reviews and audits to identify and evaluate relevant business and IT issues and to confirm, clarify, or supplement facts obtained during the review.
• Verbally communicate findings identified during reviews with the audit client and prepare and issue written audit reports.
• Interact with internal business partners and audit clients by providing recommendations and leading practices to improve control design and operating effectiveness/efficiency, minimize risk, or comply with company policies and legal/regulatory requirements.
• Lead communication and coordination with audit clients during application control reviews and audits.
• Provide IT guidance to operational audit team members and leverage IT audit knowledge when teaming with operational auditors during integrated IT/operational audits.
• Assist with the development of the audit risk assessment and annual internal audit plan.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of audit methodology changes and complete special projects to improve audit department performance, as necessary.
• Manage the coordination and direction of audit work performed by third parties, as applicable.
• Identify and pursue opportunities to learn about new developments and maintain an understanding of leading practices in auditing procedures, IT, accounting regulations, or internal control procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, Finance, or Accounting.
• 5+ years’ experience in IT-related audit or control functions.
• CISA, MBA, CPA or CIA strongly preferred.
• Experience auditing SAP or other business applications preferred.
• Understanding of IT processes and related risks and controls (change management, systems development lifecycle, information security, IT operations, etc.).
• Understanding of business process risks and controls preferred.
• Experience working in multiple operating units/corporate departments and/or public accounting.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities concurrently, and complete projects on schedule with a high degree of accuracy.
• Proven analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally.