Technical Recruiter (closed)
What’s an ideal candidate for us?
- You’re smart and get things done
- You’re fast
- You’re someone with a solutions orientation
Hearst Corporation is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and tenacious Senior Technical Recruiter who is equally proficient at full life cycle recruiting as well as client and candidate representation. You must take the search for talent seriously and be as gracious as you are aggressive in ensuring we only hire the best across our organization. You must have the right balance of personality, swagger and chutzpah to attract, represent and close deals with best-in-class talent.
- Establish relationships with client groups to get a full understanding of their business objectives, business challenges and corporate culture, using that information to attract quality candidates
- Partner with Hiring Managers to write job descriptions and set recruiting strategies that include sourcing passive and diverse candidates and managing the flow of employee referrals
- Attract, source and screen applicants using a variety of innovative techniques including social networking and direct sourcing, while staying abreast of developing market conditions and trends in the online media space
- Manage the full-cycle management of the selection process including scheduling interviews, soliciting feedback from both the Hiring Manager as well as the candidate and preparing and extending offers
- 3-5 years recruiting experience is ideal (preferably in a web / Internet / digital media environment; agency is a big plus)
- Experience recruiting for web editorial roles is a plus, but not required
- You must have outstanding LinkedIn sourcing skills
- Proficient in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to: sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal requirements, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence
- Ability to discuss and understand duties of a variety of technical roles
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and produce results within an unstructured environment and dynamic organization, demonstrate flexibility, and respond quickly to changes
- Customer centric approach to servicing managers and candidates
- A great sense of humor certainly doesn’t hurt! We like to have fun while we work.
Hearst Magazines is the largest US publisher of monthly magazines with 20 titles and one of the world's largest magazine publishers with 300 editions worldwide. In addition to publishing such category leading titles as Cosmopolitan, Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire and Seventeen amongst others, both in print and eReader formats, our dynamic team of best-in-class talent is responsible for launching, re-launching or acquiring over two dozen Web sites and 10 mobile sites. Actively exploring the new opportunities in the tablet and smart phone segments, we’ve published more than 50 branded apps and digital editions for all major devices including the iPad, iPhone and Droid platforms.
- Hearst Tower, virtual tour: http://goo.gl/IICc0
- Work with and learn from best-in-class teams; our employees rock!
- Fast paced and challenging projects
- Diverse and forward-thinking leadership
- Competitive salary, benefits and training
- App Lab
- State-of-the-art building
- In-house digital studio
- Two art galleries
- Corporate gym that puts Ritz Carlton’s to shame (9,000 sq. ft.)
- Company café that will satisfy the most discerning NYC foodies (350 seats)