Program Director - High School (closed)
New York, NY
A education based organization in NYC is looking for a Program Director for the High School to join their team!
Please send resumes as a Word attachment!
- With support of Senior Program Director, manage current high school programming and drive strategic revisions as needed to best support a caseload of 120+ high school students
- Track high school academic records and provide responsive support through tutoring etc.
- Develop partnerships with organizations to provide internship/employment/travel opportunities
- Organize/facilitate college--‐prep activities (SAT classes, college visits, workshops, etc.)
- Maintain relationship with high school students and alumni for dissemination of information, internship opportunities etc.
- Manage staff
- Provide updates and data as requested
- Collaborate with the Program Team to develop consistent and high quality strategy and results
- Track ongoing communication, contact updates etc. with students
Qualities and Skills:
- Experience with the New York public and independent high school admissions process
- Excellent communication, networking (relationship building), and editing/writing skills
- Effective organization skills, attention to detail, action--‐ and deadline--‐oriented approach
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required
- Bachelor’s degree required, demonstrating strong academic achievement
- At least 3 years working with high school students as an educator or college counselor
- Teaching experience preferred