Senior Iron Ore Trader - Shanghai (closed)
Our Client is a world leading trading house. They are one of the major players in the trading world with over 100,000 employees and over US$ 100 billion in annual sales and revenue. They provide innovative solutions to customers across major market segments; including agriculture and food and energy and natural resources. Some of their major businesses include the trading and distribution of agricultural commodities, manufacturing and sale of livestock and feed, trading in energy, steel and transport, and the production of food ingredients. They also provide risk management and financial solutions to both their customers and their own businesses in the markets of oil, gas, energy and resources. Due to an expansion of their operations in Asia they are seeking a senior, experienced trading professional in Shanghai for the following role.
SENIOR IRON ORE TRADER
The Senior Iron Ore Trader is accountable to assist the company develop their trading business within China. The firm is specialized in the energy resources trading space and has an excellent reputation in this industry. They are now looking for a Senior Trader with extensive experience in trading physical Iron ore to join their existing trading team and help expand their iron ore business within China. Such individual should have a proven ability to individually trade in excess of 2 million tonnes annually.
• Proven track record in profitably trading of physical iron ore products • Demonstrated excellence in Iron Ore trading • Proven relationships with Chinese end-users • Ability to capitalize on market volatility to maximize trading revenue • Help to develop and grow the team, including assisting junior traders • Provide support to business development and marketing teams
• Bachelor and/or Master degree in Sales and Marketing, Economics, Statistics and/or other relevant discipline
Experience and Technical Competencies:
• An excellent knowledge of the Iron Ore markets • Solid experience in trading physical Iron Ore • Track record of trading results
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies:
• Ambitious • Entrepreneurial • Strong Communication and Influencing Abilities • Strong Interpersonal Skills • Practical Results – Focused • Good team player and customer thinking • Result orientation
• Ideally have fluency in both Mandarin and English
• Shanghai, China