Software Engineer - Wireless (closed)
Senior Software Engineer
A pioneer in broadband networking, Pace is dedicated to developing integrated solutions to deliver broadband service and content throughout the home or small office. Built upon the company's core expertise and continued innovation in software and hardware, Pace products enable home and small business users to fully leverage the benefits of broadband. In addition, Pace solutions offer service providers with a flexible platform to deliver and manage feature-rich Internet, telephony, entertainment, and other enhanced broadband application services.
In this position, you will be involved from beginning to end in the development of complex and exciting new features for Pace’s Gateway product. You will work with a team of high energy individuals to define, document, and implement a variety of technologies. You will be part of the System Software team, responsible for the core features going into the Gateway product line. You must be familiar with software engineering concepts that include but are not limited to feature definition, architecture design, implementation and unit test. Successful candidate is someone who enjoys dealing with abstractions and working through complex problems to find the root cause and solving them. This position requires expert knowledge in their domain. Great verbal and written communication skills are a must as you will work closely with other development teams as well as the Quality Assurance team. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- BSCS, BSCE or equivalent; MSCS, MSCE preferred
- 7+ years C or C++ experience
- 7+ Experience in a Unix OS environment
- Experience working on wireless technologies such as:
- Have worked on embedded software devices with Wireless Access Points
- Familiarity with Wi-Fi Certification Standards
- Experience will full development cycle from concept and design through implementation and release
- Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- Experience with developing software on embedded systems
- Knowledge of source control management systems such as Perforce
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- And more
Pace Americas offers an excellent benefits package, including: Medical (incl. Rx Program), Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care), LTD, STD, Life and AD&D, Supplemental Insurance Policies, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and gym facility access, etc.
To be considered, please submit your resume in WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pace is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage Diversity in our Workforce.
4516 Seton Centre PkwySte 145
Austin, TX 78759
Phone: (512) 425-2440 x7840