Director, Sales and Recruitment (closed)
The Director, Sales and Recruitment serves as the point person for employer job order generation and jobseeker recruitment. He or she manages a team of Account Managers-Sales that develop job orders across the Center’s assigned industry and geographic targets; and manages the Assistant Director-Recruitment who source, screen, and match jobseekers with open job orders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions unless this causes undue hardship to the Agency.
- Build solid, long term business relationships with local area employers to drive placement performance to meet annual placement targets.
- Provide leadership in developing, structuring, implementing and tracking individual and team sales performance to build sales relationships and volume in our primary assigned sales areas.
- Assume overall responsibility to develop and maintain corporate level contacts of multi-unit retail and large multi location healthcare accounts. Also engage appropriate senior/corporate level HR staff to insure accurate and timely hiring and validation information.
- Hire, train, develop and monitor a staff of four business development professionals to insure the necessary coverage and call frequency to deliver outstanding customer service to employers and staff personal and professional development
- Develop, monitor and track overall recruitment organization and performance to insure the highest level of customer service to all employer accounts.
- Insure a smooth and effective collaboration between the Sales and Recruitment functions so that account job orders are serviced promptly, efficiently and effectively.
- Hire, train, develop and monitor the Assistant Director-Recruitment to insure the highest level of professionalism and performance in the Recruitment function.
- Work with the Center Director and the Strategic Operations Coordinator to insure timely and accurate data input and integrity and to identify operational challenges and implement process improvements.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the coordination and leadership point for all collaborative sales and recruitment efforts with SBS and other Workforce centers.
- Provide Center Director and SBS with regular updates and overviews of business development plans and results.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director-Community Based Organizations to source Community Based Organization referrals through the Recruitment team for open job orders.
- Keep the Assistant Director-Career Advisement informed of open job orders to enable Career Advisors to direct highly qualified jobseekers to a fulfillment account manager.
- As a key member of the Center management team, be a regular and leading contributor to all elements of Center operations, challenges and solutions. Be a role model for all staff in all elements of management.
BA degree from an accredited college in business or a related field is required; a Masters Degree or requisite experience is a plus.
Skills and/or Experience Required:
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience in staffing/recruiting account management or a related business relationship management capacity.
- At least five (5) years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and monitor sophisticated, disciplined plans to build a broad and deep base of staffing accounts through professional sales skills and superb fulfillment execution..
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to thrive in environments with multiple stakeholders, frequent change, and diverse objectives.
- Project management and/or event planning experience, with a demonstrated focus on achieving results
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.