Financial Services Advisory Senior Consultant (closed)
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 30,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition…to be the firm that makes a difference, every day.
We provide companies the guidance they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include transaction support, valuation, recovery and reorganization, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services to name a few.
The Financial Services Advisory Practice Senior Associate is responsible for delivering a full range of services to Financial Services clients and all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. Responsibilities include assisting clients in the Asset Management, Investment Banking and Broker Dealer segments with Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management and Internal Controls (Internal Audit) related services. Candidate will also assist in practice development as well as developing and supervising staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
* Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing compliance reviews, internal audits, business process control reviews, and other service offerings and managing to budget.
* Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit and review process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
* Review operational, financial, and technology processes to provide management with an individual assessment of business risk, internal control, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process as well as the risks associated with Sarbanes-Oxley as it pertains to internal controls.
* Work closely with clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities, and recommendations regarding business and IT process optimization, profit improvement, internal control, and compliance.
* Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address controls risks and issues.
* Evaluate and test business processes and business controls and identify areas of risk.
* Work with Financial Services Advisory team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during engagement process.
* Use automated tools to help clients assess risk exposure and document internal controls.
* Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform advisory services.
* Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
* Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
* Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
* Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in business or accounting related discipline. 150 hours of education is preferred.
· Four to six years of progressive experience with a major professional services/consulting organization delivering a range of governance, risk and compliance related services to the financial services industry Major Banking or Capital Markets Institution; or alternatively, similar experience in a major financial services organization.
· Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
· Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
· Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal and written skills.
· Ability to think independently and be a thought leader, professional demeanor, a can-do attitude and other qualities that include decisiveness, self-initiative, and high energy.
· Advanced presentation and interviewing skills and experience facilitating meetings and leading group discussions.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
· Detail-oriented, able to work according to schedules and work plans, able to ask good questions and request help as needed.
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.
· Travel 10-25%
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.