Program Assistant (closed)
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for a new Program Assistant for our client, a diverse, solution-oriented environmental nonprofit organization in Sacramento, CA.
The Program Assistant will provide primary administrative support 5 Program Directors. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and will work closely with other internal departments. This position will have job duties related to supporting the Sacramento office. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills as the candidate will work closely with other internal departments, and serve as a main point-of-contact for external contacts.
This long-term contract opportunity is slated for an immediate start.
· Manage monthly processing of credit and cash expense reports including process with all hard-copy receipts and appropriate internal coding/tracking/filing.
· Manage team calendars, including scheduling of meetings, appointments, and conference calls, and assist in execution of these appointments as needed (logistics, set-up, room reservations, supplies, documents)?fluency across timelines is critical.
· Coordinate travel arrangements, including calendaring, official bookings, and providing necessary documents for successful meetings/presentations.
· Serve as primary contact for office internal and external visitors.
· Act as a liaison with other internal departments/programs as well as other organizations and associations; handle and/or disseminate appropriate information.
· Maintain and update document management system.
· Initiate and manage creation of new vendor accounts and vendor account maintenance, including cost-effective decision-making, facilitating supply order on a timely basis, and invoicing/billing those supplies appropriately with Office Assistant.
· Troubleshoot and oversee repair/maintenance of office equipment that cannot be readily handled on-site.
· Act as a liaison with the building management.
· Manage contract signing and processing for team.
· Manage invoice processing for team.
· Coordinate event logistics and planning.
· Take leadership on postal mail for team, including receipt and shipment of packages and correspondence routing.
· Various administrative tasks as assigned.
· Knowledge of office administrative procedures and 3+ years? experience in an administrative support.
· Bachelor?s degree preferred.
· Strong MS office applications skills including Outlook, Word, Excel.
· Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
· Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate challenges to pre-manage difficulties.
· Ability to oversee details with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to handle pressure and changing schedules.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability and willingness to work as a team player, while at the same time able to self-direct.
· Interest in environment?knowledge of sustainability language and industry helpful for hitting the ground running in this fast-paced role!
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing specializes in providing executive search services and interim temporary staffing support exclusively for the nonprofit sector. Founded by nonprofit staffing experts and human resources professionals we understand how to effectively recruit for nonprofit organizations, foundations, and educational institutions. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2011/2012 Business Times list of top staffing firms.