Executive Assistant to CGO (closed)
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for an Executive Assistant for our client, a high-profile nonprofit organization based in Mountain View CA, providing visionary community leadership by identifying emerging challenges in their region.
This position will provide administrative support to one of the Foundation?s chief officers on highly confidential and sensitive matters and administrative coordination for the department. Primary duties include: maintaining Chief Officer?s calendar; responding to routine correspondence; researching, completing and submitting necessary industry surveys; scheduling and preparing information for meetings; taking minutes; drafting correspondence; and conducting research and compiling reports, as needed.
· Organize and expedite the flow of work through the Chief Officer?s office. Initiate follow-up action.
· Prepare correspondence for the Chief Officer, compiling needed information and developing appropriate formats as required.
· Proofread, edit, and as required, prepare final drafts of various documents generated by the Chief Officer or others in the department.
· Establish and maintain the Chief Officer?s files (paper and computer generated), and organize the Chief Officer?s office. Assist the Chief Officer in maintaining a tickler file on follow-up steps needed with clients, donors, prospective donors, grantees and community leaders.
· Sort and screen the Chief Officer?s incoming mail. Handle routine correspondence and route mail to other staff as appropriate.
· Maintain the Chief Officer?s calendar and communicate schedule with other staff as needed.
· Arrange appointments, meetings and travel for the Chief Officer. Coordinate refreshments and set up for meetings.
· Act as receptionist for the Chief Officer, answering questions and furnishing information whenever possible.
· Oversee the preparation and distribution of appropriate Board committee meeting dockets. Prepare agendas, maintain a file for documents and issues to be included in each docket, copy documents and assemble binders.
· Take minutes at appropriate Board committee meetings and provide follow-through for edits and final signatures.
· Assist other senior staff with overflow work activities as time permits and as requested.
· Assist with projects, dinners, social functions and activities to promote the Foundation and improve donor relations, as needed.
· Develop and prepare presentations, including necessary supporting documentation and information.
· A minimum of five years of progressive experience as an assistant to a corporate officer, or similarly responsible position.
· College degree (BA or BS) preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to edit and proofread.
· Ability and desire to work in a team environment and with diverse groups of people.
· Willingness to assist wherever needed.
· Proven ability to organize, use good judgment, prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Attention to detail and proven ability to perform tasks independently with a high degree of accuracy.
· Knowledge of philanthropy and nonprofit community and an interest in promoting philanthropy in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties desirable.
· Ability to approach situations and challenges with flexibility and a sense of humor.
· Ability to project-manage and think independently within given parameters.
· Ability to work as a team leader and team member in varied activities and projects
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive and private data.
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing specializes in providing executive search services and interim temporary staffing support exclusively for the nonprofit sector. Founded by nonprofit staffing experts and human resources professionals we understand how to effectively recruit for nonprofit organizations, foundations, and educational institutions. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2011/2012 Business Times list of top staffing firms.