Vice President & Practice Leader, Consulting - Enterprise Application Services (closed)
Cognizant is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 50 delivery centers worldwide and approximately 145,200 employees as of June 30, 2012, Cognizant is a member of the Fortune 500, NASDAQ-100, S&P 500, Forbes Global 2000 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. (NASDAQ: CTSH)
COGNIZANT BUSINESS CONSULTING – OVERVIEW
Cognizant Business Consulting is a highly successful and fast growing business within Cognizant comprised of over 3,000 consultants globally. Cognizant Business Consulting (CBC) offers high-value consulting services that help clients improve business performance, increase competitive advantage through added efficiency and effectiveness, lower operational expenses, and realize innovation and virtualization strategies.
Clients draw upon CBC's deep industry expertise, program and change management capabilities, and analytical objectivity to improve business productivity, drive technology-enabled business transformation, and increase shareholder value. Organized by industry vertical and functional expertise, we operate across key vertical industries, including financial services, consumer goods and healthcare, and horizontal practices that specialize in cross-industry capabilities such as analytics, program management and customer solutions.
CBC is a high margin business that operates from a position of strength with a well-established and widely accepted business model. The growth of the CBC practice is the top agenda item for the CEO and Board at Cognizant and Practice Leaders are currently in place across key industry verticals. As the next phase of growth, Cognizant is expanding its horizontal practice capabilities and seeking a world-class consultant and leader to expand our Global Enterprise Application Services Consulting Practice (CBC EAS).
VICE PRESIDENT & PRACTICE LEADER, CONSULTING - POSITION SUMMARY
Cognizant Business Consulting is seeking a world-class consultant and leader to expand its Global Enterprise Application Services Consulting Practice (CBC EAS) focused on advisory services for enterprise business process transformation, based on packaged solutions. This person will be directly responsible for the CBC EAS practice globally, with regional leaders as direct reports.
As Global Practice Leader for one of Cognizant’s most strategically important and fastest-growing practices, this individual will provide inspiring leadership on multiple dimensions – senior client leadership, thought leadership, and collaborative leadership within the Practice, the industry verticals, and throughout Cognizant Technology Solutions.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in enterprise applications and process/performance management consulting, providing cost-effective, quality centric customer solutions and on-going, trusted advisory relationships with top executives and CXOs. They will be recognized for their ability to develop major client relationships through their professional network, previous client impact, and domain expertise in enterprise business process transformation and packaged solutions. In addition, they will have demonstrated a commitment to building a practice and proven success in developing high performing teams.
The Global Practice Leader will report in a matrixed fashion to the SVP of Enterprise Application Services, and the SVP of Cognizant Business Consulting. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to join a world class consulting organization and be a member of the core leadership team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Core member of senior leadership team responsible for developing a blueprint to increase substantially market share, brand, and client awareness of Enterprise Application Services.
- Build senior level advisory relationships with existing and potential EAS Consulting Clients; convert relationships with executives into long-term consulting relationships that extend across multiple assignments over time.
- Leverage disciplined approach to developing new business development activities and compelling pursuit strategies in support of aggressive growth plans.
- Participate directly on consulting assignments, helping to direct the actual consulting engagement and interacting with clients as the senior member of the consultant team.
- Ensure the quality of the Practice’s work continues to be truly distinctive through Innovative Intellectual Capital Development with a focus on client impact and tangible results; ensure that the kind of work undertaken is both consistent with the firm’s distinctive strengths and attractive to the firm’s consulting staff.
- Help recruit, develop, and retain other EAS consulting professionals – both new hires and existing Cognizant business consultants - to support the firm’s ambitious growth targets for the Practice.
- Play a role in Solution Building and IP Creation by authoring white papers, presenting at industry conferences and representing Cognizant before external audiences as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with other Cognizant practices and geographic regions to ensure that Cognizant continues to operate effectively as one firm.
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least 15-20 years of management consulting experience, with executive level responsibilities at a leading consulting firm, and a proven track record of success in consulting, advising leading global organizations and Fortune 500 companies on a diverse set of strategic and operational enterprise process improvements.
- Domain expertise in enterprise business process transformation based on packaged solutions, with breadth and depth of experience in enterprise resource planning (ERP) enabled transformation, strategic planning, systems integration best practices, performance improvement, cost optimization and vendor selection/management. Advisory subject matter expertise in at least one of the following enterprise packages: SAP, Oracle, Microsoft.
- MBA or Master’s degree strongly preferred; Bachelor degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and pursue business development opportunities for consulting, serve as a trusted advisor and interface with executive level clients.
- Proven ability to lead and operate successfully in a collaborative, matrixed global organizational structure.
- Demonstrated commitment to building a consulting practice and proven success in leading, growing and developing a successful consulting team.
- Experience in managing P&L and revenue targets along with the demonstrated ability to exceed such targets.
- Industry eminence and referenceable contributions to thought leadership, publications, white papers and industry conferences.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, enterprising, collaborative and personable; Possessing gravitas, sound business acumen and strong leadership skills necessary to grow, support, and sustain this key horizontal within Cognizant Business Consulting.
North America; Preference for East Coast / Mid-West based candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action M/F/D/V