Cedar Rapids IA
Industry: Industrial Heavy Equipment
Focus: Metal Fabrication environment / Air-Water and Safety
General Comments: Due to the high volume of applicants we respectfully request that interested qualified candidates adjust their resume verbiage to speak directly to the needs of the client and their job description. E-mail resume to Ken@7SolutionsUSA.com and provide MS WORD resume, as well as indicate your relocation and salary preferences.
Please review all of our national and international job listings at www.7SolutionsUSA.com
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager is responsible for not only ensuring compliance with relevant local, state and federal regulations, but also developing, implementing and sustaining best-in-class programs and standards for safety and environmental excellence.
- Evaluation of potential hazards and develop/implement preventive measures to avoid realization of those hazards
- Serves as the contact with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies
- Expected to stay abreast of changes to laws & regulations that may impact the company
- Manage the accident investigation and corrective action process; and the workers compensation process to assure compliance.
- Participates in the review of existing and planned purchase of all equipment used in the facilities to insure adequate safe guards are incorporated, along with assurance that the facility remains in compliance with OSHA, and other regulating agencies.
- Assumes a leadership role in supporting and participating in continuous improvement activities for the facility; and participates in lean manufacturing events as needed.
- Maintains an awareness of the environment and the potential for hazards and requires others to do the same.
- Evidence of strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and drive results
- Ability to provide insight, develop strategies and plans to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to recommend improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment to minimize hazardous potential (lockout, machining, cranes, etc.)
- Strong project management skills with the proven ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management and hourly associates.
- Proficient in the use of computer software including Word, Excel & Power Point
- Strong initiative, self starter, ability to make decisions and follow through
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Self-motivated individual with excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Minimum of 7 years of environmental and safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental & Safety Management.
- Certified Safety Professional Certificate is a plus.
- History of career progression with growing responsibility
- Experience in workplace hazard assessments
- Experience with emergency response including first aid, CPR, spill and fire response
- Demonstrated experience in developing and conducting employee safety training
- Strong knowledge in administration of OSHA regulations including interpretation and implementation of standards
- Knowledge in workers compensation administration
- Environmental compliance knowledge around the following areas: water, air
- Experience dealing with compliance to OSHA, EPA, and other authorities
- Experience with industrial hygiene programs
- Experience with storm water pollution prevention
- Familiar with ergonomics in manufacturing facilities
- Experience with process improvement tools to include lean manufacturing and six sigma principles
- Active EHS certifications