Plan, coordinate and supervise IT projects for the Technology Infrastructure team. Facilitate the defining of project requirements by bringing the stakeholders together to document current state and to define future state. Develop, plan, analyze, evaluate and assign priorities to deliverables and requirements in order to achieve future state. Define project phases, set deadlines and manage staff. Develop project plans with milestones. Coordinate all meeting and interface with business units, staff and service providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight and execution of multiple projects. Accountable for managing broad, geographically disbursed and highly matrixed teams and projects involving significant scope and complexity.
Key accountabilities are:
- Sets direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management and collaborates with other Infrastructure managers to establish and execute on common goals.
- Direct or manages small as well as large process improvement projects across multiple functions within Technology, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Ensures delivery of projects to the business partner, meeting the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project.
- Perform a governing role for, ensuring that the proposal, execution, control, deployment, training and hand off, warranty support, and closure meet promised schedules.
- Performs risk identification and mitigation activities, escalating unresolved issues to the Executives where appropriate to secure their timely decisions/support.
- Manages the acquisition and deployment of resources, including budget, by working with the other Project Managers and Resource Managers to secure the resources required for the project.
- Ensures client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- The successful candidate will be required to work with and influence senior level leaders and partner with other IT Managers.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing IT projects.
- Experience in the Financial/Banking industry
- Full life cycle development experience.
- Experience with proven project methodology tools.
- Expertise in MS Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- 4 to 6 years of strong project management experience.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with team members and stakeholders
DESIRED SKILLS/NICE TO HAVE (not required)
- Experience in retail banking, online banking and ACH is nice.
- PMP certification through PMI
- ITIL Certification