Human Resources Business Partner- Securities (closed)
The New York City-based HR Business Partner will provide functional expertise, leadership, support and guidance to business unit leaders for the Guggenheim Securities group (“GS”). Primary focus of this position will be support of the Guggenheim Securities group, partnering closely with business unit leaders, managers and HR colleagues to ensure the building of a high performance organization and culture. Responsible to provide tactical HR support to business leaders locally as required and to build people capability in support of business goals and objectives aligned with firm-wide strategies. The role will be responsible for ensuring close business partnerships with business unit leaders for GS, serve as an HR expert and advisor to the GS business platform, and contribute as a team member to the HR Business Partner function in the development and implementation of new and existing HR programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Represent the HR function by communicating philosophies, processes, policies, and capabilities to GS business unit leaders.
• Provide hands-on human resources expertise to the GS business in the areas of employee relations, recruiting and on-boarding, employee development, training, compensation, organizational development and more, as well as provide backup HR business support to other businesses locally as required.
• Monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures and legislation. Develop local policies and procedures where required.
• Work with the business in resource planning, including recruiting, organizational design, job evaluation and definition and managing the performance appraisal, development, advancement and compensation processes within the business.
• Manage employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and improvement and exit strategies.
• Proactively identify employee development training and compliance needs for GS and work to develop methods and programs to meet the needs of the business.
• Assist in the development and deployment of a robust talent management platform and succession planning process, in collaboration with the business and Corporate resources.
• Act as a contributor and a proactive agent in the development and delivery of firm diversity and inclusion programs.
• Contribute to the development of new and existing Corporate HR programs through the HR Business Partner team and delivery of those programs to the GS platform.
• Participate with the HR Business Partner team in completing special projects as assigned.
• The position requires a minimum of 10 years of HR generalist experience, including recruiting experience in the securities industry.
• A bachelors degree in Human Resources or a related field is required. A masters degree is preferred. PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
• Must be a team player and able to work across multiple functions and disciplines and possess strong collaboration skills.
• Must have and maintain a strong knowledge of employment law and regulations and must be well versed in New York State and City employee laws and regulations in particular.
• Strong interpersonal, communications and relationship building skills required.
• Only candidates with prior experience working in Securities businesses, especially recruiting within that industry, will be considered for the position.
• Some travel required.
• Strong commitment to performance.
• Must successfully pass a background check.
• Located in New York office.
Compensation: Base salary plus discretionary bonus.
Guggenheim Securities delivers a full range of advisory services and financing solutions. We provide an unmatched level of service and expertise to our clients. We serve as trusted advisor to our clients in connection with a full range of services including, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, spin/split-offs, and other special situations. Our senior professionals have advised on some of the largest and most complex transactions in their industries. We help clients raise capital through public and private offerings of a full range of financing products including equities & equities-linked securities as well as debt and structured products. We provide a broad array of sales and trading services to institutional clients. Our research team delivers insights on macroeconomic trends, industry specific themes and individual companies.
Guggenheim Partners is a privately held global financial services firm with more than $180 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2013 and includes consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $37 billion.
We provide asset management, investment banking and capital markets services, insurance, institutional finance and investment advisory solutions to institutions, governments and agencies, corporations, investment advisors, family offices and individuals.
We are headquartered in New York and Chicago and serve our clients from more than 26 offices in eight countries. For more information about Guggenheim Partners, visit guggenheimpartners.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE: