Administrative Assistant (closed)
Scion Staffing, Inc. (www.scionstaffing.com), a full service national staffing firm has been retained to conduct a search for an Administrative Assistant for our client, a well-known representative in the nonprofit, public policy, and venture capital fields. The location for this opportunity is Palo Alto, CA.
The selected candidate will work directly with this high-profile Bay Area pioneer in managing timelines, prioritizing competing commitments, conducting correspondence with a diverse network, and providing executive-level support as needed.
The hours of this commitment are flexible with average of 30-40 hours/week, dependent on ebb and flow of projects. A talented and impeccably-organized individual that is comfortable with starting and ending their day later than typical bankers? hours would be ideal. The role is slated for long-term indefinite contract.
- Facilitate and manage high-touch contacts in writing across a variety of fields and knowledge sets, including but not limited to policy, litigation, philanthropy, and entrepreneurship.
- Some calendar management, familiarity with Outlook calendaring helpful.
- Finalize detail-laden documentation.
- Add structure and visual engagement to presentations.
- Direct and manage timelines, resources, and other necessary components to ensure the smooth running of a multifaceted work board.
The ideal candidate will possess razor-sharp intellect, strive for excellence at every opportunity, see projects through to completion and follow-up, and find fulfillment in supporting a consumed visionary from behind the scenes to ensure completion of work that shapes the Bay Area.
- Bachelor?s Degree.
- Interest or prior professional experience in some combination of the following areas would be helpful in understanding the work of this influential leader: law, innovation, progressivism, social justice, modern business strategy, technology, sustainability.
- Resourcefulness with good sense of judgment on when to ask questions and when to move forward.
- Superior writing skills ? you do not shy away from writing tasks, whether protracted or requiring concision and speedy turnaround.
- Open to constructive feedback.
- An eye for branding, aesthetics, and consistency.
- Asks honed questions and can self-direct once foundation is in place.
- Strong self-starter with ability to anticipate and preemptively address challenges.
- Can effectively manage upward to ensure that energies and resources are directed appropriately.
- Flexible to a changing schedule with the needs of the executive and related projects.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, at approximately $20/hour.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume as Word (.doc or .docx format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications.
About our search firm:
Scion Staffing is an award winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment prowess has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com, or in the 2010/2011 Business Times list of top staffing firms.