Android Developer (closed)
Badoo is the largest worldwide social network for meeting new people. It includes many great social network fundamentals, but really focuses on giving users the games and tools to gain attention and expand their social circles.
Badoo was brought to life in 2006 by a small group of young, forward thinking programmers and tech entrepreneurs. The idea was to create a social website that would transcend all national boundaries, but at the same time, represent the local unique culture of its users. The goal was then to spread into all cities and small towns so that users could meet new people locally.
Badoo has already built a large and diverse global community online and are now striving to extend the size and reach of the company. To achieve this aim they are in the process of building an entire management structure from the top down.
Currently profitable, Badoo first launched in Spain and is now one of the leading socializing sites in France, Italy, Spain and Latin America with over 155 million users worldwide.
As an Android Developer, you will own and drive technical implementation from specification through to delivery and beyond – i.e. monitoring, reporting & optimization. You will be working with a highly experienced team of Android Developers where you will both teach and learn, in an innovative and fast-paced, Agile environment. You will be responsible for delivery of key product features crucial to the company's success, using cutting-edge open-source technologies, building high-performance systems. This is a hands-on development role where you will be expected to understand specifications, design implementations, rapidly deliver UI and write code and test cases. You consider yourself a perfectionist at the top of your game, and get a buzz from doing more than is expected.
Responsibilities/ Job Role:
- Design, development, debugging, monitoring and maintenance of the Badoo Android app
- Related degree, i.e Computer Science
- Consumer facing, mass market, networked, high-volume/performance applications
- Impressive portfolio of live apps available in the Marketplace
- Extensive experience of Android Development
- Advanced Android SDK / Java skills
- Understanding & ability to leverage Android features
- Good understanding of design patterns & Object Orientated Programming
- Enthusiastic about AGILE/Scrum
- Self-motivated and ability to achieve deadlines and work independently
- You`ll love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office.
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability.
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Enthusiastic and fun to work with.
- A desire to work with a young, fresh, social digital brand