Development Manager (Derivatives FO application)
This position is responsible for leading the development team based in China for Derivatives Front office application. The role will be responsible for all development efforts based out of China, including the provision of 2nd and 3rd level support code maintenance/enhancements, bug fixes as well as project delivery.
- Manage Business Analysts, Developers, Testers and other key stakeholders to ensure that agreed specification are delivered as agreed with the business.
- Manage multiple work streams within the programming and being able to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Manage different levels of stakeholders through the business working committees and project steering committees.
- Resource management and allocation; including financial budgeting and forecasting to meet business needs in supporting applications in different time zones.
- Experience in delivering applications for the Financial Markets business.
- Experience in managing large sized projects, multiple delivery work streams, which are split across multiple locations.
- Process driven and disciplined approach with expectation of leveraging and enhancing the existing Bank defined governance structures.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting across the different dimensions and associated work streams to the Governance, Steering and Business working committees.
- Proven ability to respond and reprioritize project dependencies, issues and risk escalation as a result of either delays or changing priorities.
- Manage stakeholders as and when required, in particular in the prioritization of requirements, contentions of resources and other conflicts.
- Provide regular communication / updates to the broader organization.
Technical requirements :
- Java programming (J2EE, XML, Web Services)
- SCRUM and Agile
- Good experience with RDBMS
- Strong Investment banking background
- Strong knowledge of Structured/Derivatives business
- Well versed in Trade life cycle and events