Director, Computer Services Merchandising
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Computer Service Merchandising is responsible for providing direction and vision as well as being hands on in developing and executing services merchandising strategy. The DSM will configure the services assortments, design and package stand alone and bundled service offerings, manage offer presentation, and manage mechanical operations to maximize services sales and attachments within a customer centric, Multi-channel business. The DSM will provide dynamic leadership in developing and executing services business initiatives including margin optimization, building recurring revenue streams and enhancing customer retention and lifetime value.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configuration of Service offerings
- Develop service offering value propositions
- Develop offer elements, specifications and terms in alignment with vendor capabilities
- Responsibility for inter-vendor capabilities needs assessment and coordination
- Perform offer cost analysis and demand validation
- Define and build offerings for an easy and customer centric experience.
- Commercialization of Service Offerings
- Responsibility to manage offer economics including cost, pricing, churn, subsidies and lifetime value.
- Develop the consumer facing offer and terms
- Develop offer mechanics and manage internal operations requirements
- Manage and coordinate partner operational requirements
- Test, optimize and ongoing management of services portfolio
- Service Merchandising and Go to Market Services strategy
- Productization of offers by channel, B2B, retail and e comm.
- Develop and implement attach strategy
- Develop “hero” offers
- Develop offer mechanics with an understanding of channel sales execution requirements and existing systems capabilities and limitations.
- Responsibility for the internal and external marketing and visual merchandising of service offerings.
- Customer experience troubleshooting and remediation
- Vendor Process troubleshooting and remediation
- Ongoing inter-vendor coordination, troubleshooting and remediation
- General ledger process coordination
- Work closely with retail, B2B and E Comm channel managers to curate and deliver a services assortment that is on trend, targets our core customer and in line with business needs
- Responsibility to build, manage and develop a team of merchants as needed to support service business growth.
- Conduct ongoing market research and shop competitors for inspiration on new services, pricing, and strategies
- Collaborate with channels managers in development of ongoing and seasonal business plans and programs to drive services penetration and attachments and aid in achievement of sales performance targets.
- Coordinate with Visual Merchandising department to develop in-store presentation
- Interfaces with Visual merchandising and marketing departments to implement specific product presentations.
- Conducts regular store visits to monitor and ensure operational, visual and service standards are consistent and in line with expectations.
- Perform additional duties as needed or assigned
- BA or BS degree in Business, Retail Merchandising, or related field and/or Equivalent work experience. MBA or JD preferred.
- Possess a solid understanding of the subscription services model and experience managing recurring revenue streams
- Possess a track record of successful management of brick & mortar retail, online retail, and B2B businesses and proven experience in services merchandising.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience as a Merchant , Product Manager or similar role
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Have the ability to develop Merchandising strategies
- Outstanding track record in meeting financial goals.
- Must be flexible, innovative, adaptive with change, able to meet deadlines, and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills. Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, are also required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel power pivot tables and PowerPoint
- Ability to work extended hours and travel occasionally as needed.