Sales Executive (closed)
A leading international investmentt research company is seeking a Sales Executive to join their successful and growing team. their services include eequity research and investor access, as well as commercial due diligence. The company has grown their presence to include 4 new offices internationally over the last year and a half. As an individual possessing a successful track record in sales you will be joining an established firm during a significant and exciting period of growth.
Purpose of the role:
You will perform a key role in targeting companies and bringing in new business including: converting both hot and cold leads, conducting pitches and undertaking follow-up activities. This role will report into and partner with the Executive Director to source new client companies and assist with the management of marketing campaigns.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and cultivate leads using multiple sources including prospecting, referral networks and in-bound enquiries.
- Build and maintain strong and up-to-date pipeline/prospect list of publicly traded companies in North America, with an emphasis on those in the Small and Mid-Cap sector.
- Conduct pitches and ensure appropriate follow-up is undertaken.
- Proactively manage individual sales pipeline within the internal CRMsystem.
- Maintain active communication between the US office and other international offices
- Undertake analysis of potential clients to determine those which will deliver the greatest potential value whilst retaining and enhancing the value of the brand.
- Work closely with the various teams to ensure we maximise all corporate sales opportunities.
- Contribute to the sales strategy in terms of market and client segmentation analysis as well as profiling and researching existing and potential accounts.
- Take responsibility for parts of corporate marketing strategy.
- Monitor news flow from target companies and take appropriate action.
- Liaise closely with the Directors and research team Sector Heads to help achieve sector business plans.
- Meet individual quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Attend weekly sales conference calls.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales.
- Demonstrable sales experience gained within a business to business environment marketing and selling in the financial sector.
- Proven experience of developing effective relationships with client prospects during the sales process.
- The presence and gravitas to sell to C-Level executives within publicly traded companies.
- Adept at client liaison and communication and possessing excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong listening skills and flexible style.
- Proactive, efficient and enthusiastic, with exceptionally strong organizational skills.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of financial markets and macro-economic issues.
- Strong team player, able to involve, engage and motivate members of the research team in the sales process.
- An energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind set.
- Possess a strong academic record.
- Computer literate with proven experience using MS office.
Benefits include the following:
Base Salary + Competitive Bonus
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
15 days paid holiday plus sick leave and federal holidays