Lead Electrical Design Engineer (closed)
Consider Honeywell in the next step of your career!
We are seeking a talented individual as Lead Senior Electrical Design Engineer within Sensing and Control's Test & Measurement division. This exciting opportunity, located in Columbus, OH, will specialize in the design of high-mix analog and digital electronics used in pressure sensors, load cells, torque sensors and instrumentation. A strong working knowledge of many different types of sensors including foil strain gage, semi-conductors and silicon are needed.
S & C is an $800-million global strategic business of Honeywell. S & C is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensors, switches, machine safeguarding and other devices for a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) applications in the automotive, aviation, medical, information technology, consumer appliance and industrial businesses. S & C’s Design Center of Excellence for pressure test and measurement is located in Columbus, OH.
In this leadership position, you will be a core member of a cross functional team and be involved in the full life design cycle from requirement definition through design, prototyping, proof of concept, packaging, testing and interface implementation.
You will support engineering design for S & C's Test and Measurement sensor product lines. You will become part of a fast-paced, multi-discipline product development engineering team in a challenging position that will enable significant growth of new load cell sensor products in a high mix/low volume Test & Measurement products market segment. Learn more about our product line at https://measurementsensors.honeywell.com/Pages/default.aspx
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Designs and develops all electronics used in amplified transducer products including silicon microstructure, bonded strain gage, bonded foil gage, oil filled media isolated and bonded element technologies.
- Manages new product introductions electronics programs in the Columbus facility and coordinates programs run in other facilities
- Works effectively with internal and external sensor fabs, modeling, IC design, PCB design and ASIC design resources to produce robust electrical design solutions.
- Creates analog, digital or mixed signal computer models to simulate various concepts.
- Creates electrical specifications for the new sensor designs.
- Collaborates with cross-functional team to create validation test plans.
- Assigns work direction and mentoring to junior engineers.
- Interfaces with customers, sales, marketing, production and mechanical engineering staff.
- Produces documentation for customers, production staff and vendors.
- Ensures tasks are delivered on time; meet financial, performance, quality and
- Employs DFSS tools and methodology throughout the design process.
Please note: Travel up to 25% including international travel.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading new product introductions in an
- 3 or more years of experience in working with virtual, international teams of design engineers in Europe, Asia and/or India.
- 5 or more years of experience in design knowledge and past experience with both analog and digital circuits/electronics.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to incorporate appropriate alternative R & D models and performance.
benchmarking to increase new product introduction (NPI) effectiveness in support of business growth.
- Past experience with 'make/buy' analysis and product portfolio core competency assessment.
- Experience with technology transfer, program/project management, and Six Sigma.
methodology & tools desired; program management and/or Six Sigma certification
- Previous experience with electronic sensing products and technologies desired.
- Experience with products in hazardous environment, preferred.
- Previous experience in the design and development of sensors across a broad range of
technologies is highly desired (including silicon microstructure, advanced thick film,
ceramic, bonded strain gage, bonded foil gage, oil filled media isolated, bonded element
and surface acoustic wave).
- Lean, Kaizen, or Six Sigma certification preferred.
To apply for this position, please go to www.careersathoneywell.com and enter requisition 201494.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
ASICS, micro-controller, micro-processor, “load cell”, “strain gauge”, analog, “pressure sensor”, “amplifier design”, “electronics circuits”