Human Factors Engineer (closed)
Human Factors Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI
Apply Human Factors and Usability tools and methodologies develop Soldier Machine Interfaces (SMI) for ground combat vehicles encompassing physical / hardware interfaces and Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) including screen / menu layout and sequencing.
• Develop and utilize rapid prototypes (e.g. Adobe Flash) and simulation to design and assess SMI / GUI. • Develop GUI specifications for Software implementation.
• Support requirements decomposition and provide Human Factors Engineering (HFE) / MANPRINT requirements and design guidance
• Assess emerging designs for requirements compliance and document findings; provide alternative solutions as needed.
• Perform HFE task, function, and workload analysis.
• Develop test plans, execute trials, and analyze data for internal evaluations and formal User Juries / Soldier assessments related to SMI / GUI design and integration, Usability Testing, and Crew Task Performance and Workload.
• Prepare briefs, reports, and formal deliverables describing HFE efforts, analyses, and findings. • Support MANPRINT efforts and provide input and mitigations to MANPRINT Issues
• Perform Earned Value Management / Desktop Metric reporting as needed. Required:
• Course work completed in Human Factors Engineering or Usability Engineering
• Course work completed in User Interface Design and Development (graphical and physical)
• Experience creating concept user interfaces with products like Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Flash or other interactive software application.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Human Factors or Usability Engineering preferred. Candidates with course work in Human Factors or Usability Engineering with a degree in a related field will be considered.
• Experience in experimental design and execution of Human in the Loop test plans, data reduction, statistical analysis, and report development.
• Experience in Usability Evaluations.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project. • Ability to interface directly with customers, Soldiers, and vendors.
• Strong communication (oral and written) skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Able to meet ASR requirements and to enter vehicles to perform assessments.
• US citizenship.
• Able to travel short term as required.
• Availability to work occasional OT during week and weekends as required.
• Work to be performed on-site at GDLS Sterling Heights facility.
• Experience with Adobe Flash and other GUI development and Usability tools to concept and design interfaces a plus.
• Experience in Workload analysis methodology and tools a plus.
• Experience with SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) a plus.
• Course work in experimental design and behavioral statistics a plus.