Hardware Design Engineer (closed)
Sterling Heights, MI
High Speed Digital Circuit Design Engineer
- Design and Develop Embedded Processor LRU's, Components, and Subsystems
- Concept to production delivery support including design, debug, test, and qualification
- Develop concepts to support advanced technology initiatives, IRADS, proposals, and demonstrations.
- Develop Engineering Design Fixes, and Coordinate Solutions
- Support system architecture analysis, trade studies, and participate in associated engineering reviews
- Support circuit design, component selection, procurement, and oversight of prototype hardware debug and builds
- Review and develop H/W and S/W requirement documents and test plans
- Strong record keeping skills with commitment to tracking design changes, debug status, H/W and S/W revisions.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Background in Digital circuit design including power and thermal analysis.
- Background in schematic development, component selection, circuit simulation, and PCB layout
- Strong background with microprocessor based products including processors, chipsets, memory and bus interfaces, networking standards including 802.11 wireless (PCI-Express, DDR2, DDR3, USB, SATA, DVI, etc...)
- Background in high speed digital network hardware design
- Familiar with HC12 Microcontrollers and x86, Power PC Single Board Computers
- Knowledge of industry interface standards and form factors (VITA42/46, COM Express, ETX, etc ...)
- Experience with Networking Products, H/W, S/W, Switches, Routers, OSI layers
- Experience with Network Storage (NAS, SAN), Solid State and Rotating Drive technologies, Interfaces, and protocols (IDE, SATA, SCSI, Fibre Channel, NFS)
- Experience with Serial Interconnects, USB, CAN, RS422/485, etc.
- RF/wireless design and qualification experience specifically 802.11 wireless networking products a plus Familiar with FPGA Design and Simulation, VHDL
- Familiar with EMI/EMC design practices and standards.
- Programming background C, C++, VisualStudio (VB) a plus.
- Familiar with Military design and test requirements including MIL-1275, MIL-461, MIL-464, MIL-810
- Familiar with Six Sigma design tools including DFMEA and Reliability Analysis.
- Ability to use Engineering Development and Test Tools.
- Must meet ASR Requirements to Work Inside vehicles.
- Capable of Obtaining a Security Clearance.
- Occasional overtime, and weekend hours may be required to complete critical tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills