Sr Java Developer / Team Lead
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Job knowledge focuses on the understanding and skills one needs in order to perform well in this role. It also focuses on the expectation to continually refine and improve the required skills by seeking out internal and external learning opportunities.
Related expectations may include:
• Has working knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures in:
o At least one technical and developmental domain
o Job-related programming languages
o Information management resources: Possesses significant knowledge of complex database concepts and ensures project teams are effectively employing appropriate database design techniques
o Systems development: Possesses significant knowledge of internet systems architectures and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology
o Software engineering: Possesses significant knowledge of Object-Oriented analysis, design and programming concepts and ensures they are consistently and appropriately applied
o General business operations
o Needs analysis
o Process analysis and management
o Project management
o Strategic management
o Data privacy practices and laws
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
• MBA or MIS degree preferred
• Prior medical-related work experience is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience developing Java and Java EE based enterprise applications (i.e. multi-tier system architectures).
- Demonstrated strong ability to lead enterprise projects with on-time delivery to customer specifications.
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing development plans across multiple projects and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration across multiple projects from the inception phase through deployment
- Possesses significant knowledge of Object-Oriented analysis, design and programming concepts and ensures project teams are consistently and appropriately applied.
- Possesses significant knowledge of complex database concepts and ensures project teams are effectively employing appropriate database design techniques
- Experience with development and ongoing strengthening of long-term relationships with external clients/partners.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects using Agile/Scrum processes and practices: Short Iterations, Daily Stand-ups, Test Driven Development (TDD), and Continuous Integration.
- Working knowledge of design patterns, such as MVC, Abstract Factory, Decorator, Strategy, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with User Interface and/or API design.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change in a technology organization.
Preferred traits include the following:
- Direct supervisory responsibility for recruitment and development of technology professionals
- Working knowledge of the following technologies: Spring, Maven, ZK, Tomcat, JQUERY, JASPER, Oracle, Postgres, Eclipse IDE, MIRTH, XML, Messaging and Web Service application development (JAX-RS, JAX-WS, JMS)