Product Engineer, Door Frames and Sashes
Role and responsibility is the successful development and launch of company door frame and sash products through the application of engineering principles of design and analysis to satisfy a performance specification.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee and lead the Product Design and Engineering of a product.
- Coordinate design development with tooling and manufacturing groups
- Insure a product design is complete, accurate, is of the correct material, mass production makeable and meets all of the customers design data requirements.
- Insure the customer has approved the design prior to tooling kickoff
- Implement Lessons Learned into new product designs
- Work with Program Managers, designers, tooling engineers and manufacturing facilities.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Attend Customer Plant Tours
- Assist Sales with quoting
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Metal forming experience – Roll forming, stretch bending, stamping, pierce and trim.
- Product Design experience
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Communications between customer and resources
- Ability to travel world wide
- Must be a US citizen with a valid passport
- Experience with the Launch of Automotive OEM or Tier 1 suppliers products
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to take ownership with minimal direction.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Microsoft Project
- Multiple GM, Ford, Nissan, Chrysler or other OEM experience a plus
OEM experience a plus