This person must be self-motivated and results-oriented with strong Cognos technology expertise, having specific skills in Cognos BI Development tools ( Report Studio, Metric Studio etc) as well as Cognos Metadata Model development using Framework Manager.
Project Execution 45%
· Estimates BI work effort and durations.
· Lead BI efforts where two or more BI developers are assigned to a project.
· Designs, constructs, tests, and implements BI programs, processes and cycles BI tools, for large, complex projects. Translating business needs into data analysis and reporting solutions.
- · Understands and provides input into logical data models and physical database designs.
Operational Support 45%
· Provides production support for the BI environment.
· Documents BI applications following organizational standards.
· Understands business purpose of source data and how it is intended to be used in target environments
Risk Management/Data Strategy 10%
· Works with Data Architect on BI solutions
· Solid knowledge of Comerica’s Data Strategy, promoting and incorporating the Data Strategy as appropriate.
· Participates in the creation, implementation, communication and on-going support of BI standards and processes.
· Stays current with changing technology and industry trends in the area of BI.
· Works in accordance with Data Governance standards & processes, corporate policies and guidelines.
The above skills are required for BI Specialist resource, and apply to the qualifications and experience below.
· Bachelor's degree with 8 - 10 years related work experience or significant equivalent work experience
· 5 - 7 years performing the role of Cognos BI Specialist related to different Cognos product implementations.
· 4 years experience with LDAP (Active Directory), networking / security requirements and issues in the use of data movement (e.g. - database/data warehouse access, data replication, data extraction, data distribution)
· Demonstrated knowledge of various data related functions such as data integration, data modeling, metadata management, data replication, business intelligence, data cleansing and profiling,
data governance and database administration
· Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
· Strong teamwork skills within I.S. and client community
· Demonstrated ability to work independently under minimum supervision, multitask work assignments and being proactive in solving issues
· Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, presentation and customer service skills