Citrix Systems Engineer (closed)
Citrix Systems Engineer
- Citrix systems engineers are responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of Citrix system solutions.
- They provide technical support to other departments in the Information Systems Division.
- They are responsible for the overall integrity, performance, and security of all systems under their stewardship, and are charged with oversight of systems' documentation, including the development, support, and enforcement of corporate standards.
Functions of this position are the following:
- Primary duties of this position are to support the migration of Windows client applications into private XenApp cloud. Over 3 years of experience administering and implementing applications using Citrix XenApp 5.0 and above is required.
- Provide level three support of production Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environments. Provide problem management of multi-user issues by investigating and diagnosing root causes. ITIL certification for this position is a plus. Experience with EdgeSight is a plus.
- Oversees the implementation of system upgrades and modifications, including planning, testing, scheduling, coordination, reporting and documentation. Ensures that change management and defined security procedures for all assigned systems are executed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Minimizes service interruptions through early identification and resolution of problems. Analyze monitoring and maintenance data and implements changes as required to achieve optimum performance. Makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Oversees projects pertaining to assigned systems. Incumbent may serve in the role of project lead, assuming responsibility for oversight of most or all aspects of a project. Undertakes research and/or evaluation projects as assigned, providing formal documentation of findings and conclusions according to established department standards.