Oil and Gas Recruiter
Manchester, United Kingdom
£28,000 competitive OTE + benefits compensation
Why Do I Want to Work here over All the other Opportunities out there?
- Stress Free (ish!): If you are experienced in the recruitment industry – you probably know how tough some days can be. At this company stress is minimised by the relaxed office culture, casual dress code, bright open office space, friendly support from the vastly experienced senior management when needed, short working hours and above all the consultants and management themselves. We know the Directors and each of the 10 consultants on a personal level and every one without exception is a good-natured individual; welcoming grafting to hit targets and having a good laugh in equal measure.
- Success: The Company has experienced tremendous success since it’s establishment, recognised by many top clients around the world as one of the go-to Oil and Gas recruitment companies when a critical project needs top-notch personnel and recognises by many senior ‘hard-to-find’ Oil and Gas personnel as the agency of choice when seeking their next career move.
- Sky is the Limit: Consultant to Associate Director in 4 years? Yes it is possible with the right mix of ambition, skill, hard work, drive and dedication – as the current Associate Director of this company will tell you. The Company is growing progressively and now is a very exciting time to join them – you certainly won’t be another cog in a wheel here and your performance and success will be readily recognised and rewarded. You can actively pitch your ideas to Senior Management and you will be heard.
Am I What You’re Looking for?
- We hope so! You will preferably be from an Oil and Gas recruitment background or a Technical recruitment background. If you’re neither of the above, but genuinely like the sound of this opportunity, then do not fear – my client are open-minded enough to recognise that it is often the core competencies and attitude that makes a great recruiter, not simply experience (they also have absolute faith in their Oil and Gas recruitment training programme); thus you are still in with a shot if you are from a professional or sales-based background, but you must have an in depth understanding of the role of a recruitment consultant.
- You should have a happy, charismatic demeanour and a sense of humour.
- You should be a grafter and have a real drive to excel in everything you do.
- You should be resilient and not easily cowed by the challenges faced on a day to day basis in the recruitment business.
What Will I be Doing?
- You will be working on a Sub-Sea Oil and Gas recruitment desk placing permanent oil and gas project personnel around the globe. Example roles include Sub-sea Project Engineers, Project Managers, Risk Consultants .etc.
- You will be lucky enough to have ‘warm’ vacancies filtering through the Contract recruitment teams clients, thus the desk is not completely cold. The Contracts team have many established relationships with major Oil and Gas companies around the Globe, thus you will be able to utilise some of these contacts from the off.
- You will have an extensive database of clients and candidates to utilise.
- You will be working closely with an experienced team of dedicated recruitment professionals in order to drive business forward and hopefully make yourself a lot of money in the process.
- If you are new to the sector you will go through the extensive Oil and Gas recruitment training programme, and be given continual hands-on support from Senior Management who possess with 35 years oil and gas recruitment experience. Once you feel comfortable and that you truly understand your market you will be given full autonomy with a few KPI’s to monitor progress towards additional bonuses (most “new clients brought on” or “Best CV sent to interview ratio” for instance may incur a financial bonus).
- You will work on salaries from 45k+, with an average fee of 8k+ in the perm division at the moment, so plenty of commission to be made on fees of this size.
What’s In all of this for Me!?!
- You will receive a basic salary of 28,000k+ (negotiable depending on experience) with a market leading commission scheme allowing for a realistic first year OTE of £45,000+
- If you’re fed up of dry cleaning your suits - No More! Casual dress-code is incorporated here.
- If you’re sick of getting home at gone 7pm after a long day in the office – Not here! Working hours here are Mon-Thurs: 8.30am – 5pm, Friday: 8.30am – 4pm. Make the evenings your own!
- In addition to this fantastic package my client also offers a young dynamic and autonomous working environment, free parking, a laptop and business phone, future shares and options, car allowance upon hitting a particular level, plus 23+ days holiday and more…
The Next Steps…
- One of our pro-active and dedicated Recruitment to Recruitment specialists will give you a call to run through your CV and assess your candidacy…
- If you are successful we will discuss the role in further detail and ensure it is 100% right for you and your career aspirations…
- If you’re happy to move forward, we will get you an interview lined up and fully prepare you for the interview process. As we operate on an exclusive basis with our client, we ensure they employ a rapid interview process turnaround; ensuring you absolutely will not be going in and out of their offices for interviews week on week…
- We will manage the whole process throughout with feedback, advice and preparation where necessary; ensuring you are aware of what is going on every step of the way…
- At the end of the process you will (hopefully!) receive an offer from our client. We will then negotiate a fantastic package on your behalf, leaving you to simply sign on the dotted line and look forward to embarking on this next big move in your career…