Spécialiste DB2 Specialist (closed)
Start Date: August 2012
End Date: August 2014
Needs to be on-call
15+ years experience
DB2 is a database management system. DB2 Support provides support for the DB2 system software and related products by interfacing with the product vendors to install and maintain the code.
The objectives of DB2 Support are:
• Maintain current DB2 system software for the environment.
• Maintain the DB2 subsystems, including the DB2 communication facilities that communicate to other products.
The scope is all DB2 system software and DB2 subsystems on any LPARS where DB2 subsystems are required, within the scope of the TSA.
The DB2 Support Team will:
• Install DB2 system software and related products on the environment.
• Upgrade DB2 system software and related products.
• Provide corrective fixes to DB2 system software and related products.
• Interface with automations on DB2 startup/shutdown.
• Create and maintain the DB2 logs, BSDS, and DB2 catalog/directory databases associated with each DB2 subsystem.
• Interface with Operations.
• Create and maintain DB2 address space configurations.
• Provide technical recommendations related to DB2 software and tools upon request.
• Respond to performance issues of DB2 subsystems as required.
• Perform Table Definitions"
Basic MVS Operational Skills (TSO, ISPF, SDSF, basic MVS and JES commands, etc.)
Basic CLIST & REXX programming/editing
SMP/E – (product install & applying maintenance)
MVS Utilities (IEBCOPY, IBGENER, IDCAMS, etc)
SYSPLEX & Data Sharing
Basic Network Protocols (TCP/IP & VTAM)
File Management (VSAM, PDS, HFS, etc.)
DB2 Version Support (current and n-1)
DB2 Problem Determination Skills
DB2 Performance Monitoring, Tuning & Reporting