Product Development Engineer (closed)
New graduates in engineering typically start their career with Bemis in this highly visible and developmentally focused opportunity. You will rotate into a Process Engineering role through our Career Development Program (CDP) after mastery of this position.
Product Development Engineers at Bemis work directly with our customers, as well as technical leadership in our manufacturing facilities to create innovative flexible packaging solutions.
1. Evaluate recommended material changes received into his/her particular product expertise.
2. Coordinates with senior engineers the setting up of production activities that may have resulted from materials evaluation.
3. Gathering information necessary to resolving customer technical problems.
4. Attends customer visits if justified by the complexity of the quality problem or to observe and assist in final evaluations.
5. Resolves production quality problems-gathering and evaluating test data, observing order runs, interacting with quality assurance and manufacturing personnel and providing input into possible problem solutions.
6. Aides in the writing of specifications for new materials.
7. Updates and revises existing specifications.
8. Writes project orders for the evaluation of new or revised products and the communications with appropriate line and staff personnel.
Education & Experience Required
• A Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science.
Skills & Abilities Needed
• Must have effective communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to communicate with customers, machine operators and production supervisors.
• Must have a working knowledge of employee rules and union contracts; and state, local and federal regulations pertaining to safety standards.
• Must posses the ability to analyze, problem solve and generate new ideas.
• Must be able to manage time effectively.