Storage Support Engineer
Our client is seeking a Storage Support Engineer in the RTP, NC area. We want you to join our IT professional team. This position is a long term assignment with the possibility of an extension based on performance and need. If you are looking to become part of a team that offers a rewarding career experience with professional development opportunities please read further for more information!
The position is for a Level II Storage Support Engineer. This candidate will be working and collaborating with an extended remote team. Candidates will be expected to be open to a "Open Work Schedule" defined as split shift .Example: 12:00pm-9:00pm during the week Monday-Friday or working one day out of the weekend for alternate coverage Example: Sunday-Thursday 9am-6:00pm.
This is a 7x24 support organization; therefore, team members are required to carry a pager . Dependability and flexibility are required for this position.
- The candidate will work with at least one of the products( storage virtualization, tape virtualization, subsystem device drivers), but must be willing to cross train other products
- Candidates must have excellent skills to communicate complex technical topics to customers and be able to resolve their problems remotely
- Candidates must be able to interpret dumps and system traces and identify failing components
- Strong Problem Determination/ Problem Isolation skills
- Candidates must have a strong knowledge with AIX, Linux, and/or Windows and have the ability to install and configure the OS in order to re-create a client problem
- Candidates need to have experience with Backend Storage and SAN Fabric
What’s to love about to CTG? For starters; 401K w/ company match, tuition reimbursement, technical training and multiple employment options