06798 UNIX / Linux Administrator – Senior Level (closed)
UNIX / Linux Administrator – Senior Level
We are seeking a Sr. UNIX / Linux Administrator to support our client located in Menlo Park, CA area.
This position requires the installation, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of server and desktop computers as well as storage, backup, and networking facilities. The environment includes Solaris, Linux and Windows operating systems.
The ideal candidate will have strong background with Solaris file, CPU servers, Linux desktop and CPU server OS (Debian and Ubuntu preferred). Experience with Windows desktop, server admin, Patch and upgrade procedures is essential. Scripting skills (shell, Perl) required automating maintenance tasks for server farm (200 systems).
• Sun servers
• Windows desktop and laptop computers
• RAID system configuration and maintenance (100TB range)
• Backup tape library operation [STAR unique]
• UFS and ZFS file system configuration and management
• NFS configuration and management
• Legato backup software [not commodity work]
• Building of freeware (GNU and other autoconf-based software) for Unix/Linux systems [not commodity work]
• SSH service, UNIX and Windows-based security procedures
• Understanding of UNIX C-level portability issues and ability to fix them a plus [not commodity work]
• Familiarity with virtualization (e.g., VMware) a plus
For immediate considerations please contact:
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org