Node.JS Engineer (closed)
Do you want to feel challenged and energized by your work, but still have time to spend with your friends/family? Do you want to work for a small, exciting, rapidly growing company but without the Boston/Cambridge/Waltham commute? Do you want to play with the latest technologies, and do it during work hours? Do you want to do your best work, but at a company that doesn't believe in death march software delivery? And to top it all off, do you want a job that matters, where you can play a small part in changing the world and helping people live healthier lives?
They’re looking for comrades in arms interested in pushing the technology envelope: putting the latest web technologies (Node.js/HTML5/NoSQL) onto embedded devices, using the latest configuration tools (Chef) to manage large-scale deployments, and doing it in a developer-friendly environment. (Oh, and they also build killer web experiences & RESTful APIs using a Ruby/Rails/Postgres/Redis/Ember.js mashup.) It's their goal to be one of the best places for developers to work anywhere, period, and they know that's not just about free beer (which they have) and a foosball table (which they don't have) -- it's about working on meaningful projects using interesting technology with a lot of other really smart technologists.
What they're looking for -- requirements:
* Excellent software craftsmanship skills, including TDD
* Desire to collaborate on a team of smart, driven agile craftsmen
What they're looking for -- nice to have
* An interesting/cool GitHub account
* Experience w/ Linux (Ubuntu), Ruby, Chef, NoSQL, iOS development
* Experience w/ anything else fun, interesting or cutting edge-tell us what you think the future is!
* Experience w/ Agile values, principles & practices
* CS or similar degree
You need to value and have:
* Courage, focus, openness, commitment, respect
* A desire to make the world a better place (and the belief that it's possible!)
* A positive spirit
* High growth business w/ a mission
* CEO and CTO who "get it" (i.e. no BS impediments)
* Continuous learning environment ("kaizen" isn't just a cool word to yell…)
* Smart, fun co-workers
* Onsite fitness
* Computer choice (though everyone chooses MacBooks w/ the Thunderbolt Display upgrade option!)
Who They Are & What They Do:
Two of the biggest issues facing people today are the skyrocketing costs of healthcare and alarming overweight and obesity rates worldwide. They have decided it's time to do something about both. The mission? Help people live healthier lives by developing technology to provide the millions of people worldwide who struggle with their health and fitness a better way to get and stay fit. Their company is already changing thousands (and soon millions) of lives every day and they are changing an industry in the process.
Their company is the first-ever fusion of technology with world-class personal training and health coaching. Their technology, tools, and process are a radically new and simple concept in the $20 billion Health and Fitness market: automated personal training studios that guide members through their own customized 30-minute workouts at any time of day. Their patented technology, distributed exclusively through their system, is incredibly effective and amazingly affordable for our members-and it's so simple, it's self-service.