The Senior Web Analyst will support the analytic needs of the Ecommerce team and SurLaTable.com by analyzing web traffic and other internal data. This position will be expected to partner outside the business unit and outside the company to ensure that best practices in metrics and web analytics are presented to core decision makers. The Senior Web Analyst is expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the prioritization and completion of work assignments. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including, but not limited to)
- Analyze data, develop insights, and provide recommendations to increase conversion and customer satisfaction
- Lead driving core insights from the data to suggest, create and execute multivariate or a/b/c tests that drive fundamental improvements to the site experience
- Create and deliver effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders
- Create holistic dashboards by pulling data from different data sources and websites for presentations to senior management team
- Collaborate internally and external with partners to assist with data collection, reporting and the achievement of objectives
- Drive the data strategy across multiple “listening posts” (websites, surveys, testing, CRM systems, market research etc)
- Identify gaps in the data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements
- Support all facets of the decision making platform (clickstream analysis, outcomes analysis, search analysis, multivariate testing analysis)
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing to all levels of the organization, technical resources and external partners
- Document existing web analytics processes and make recommendations for improvement
REQUIREMENTS: (including, but not limited to)
- 3+ years’ experience with clickstream analysis tools such as: Omniture, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics, and etc. (Omniture experience preferred.)
- 3+ years’ experience in one or more roles in an online ecommerce or online support environments (in a retail/merchandise driven environment preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in using the Microsoft Office suite with very strong Excel skills.
- 3+ years of business analysis experience (in companies with multiple functions / business units preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research
- Mid-level expertise in the SEM (Search Engine Marketing) / PPC (Pay Per Click) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies and a minimum one year experience measure success of SEM/PPC and SEO campaigns / efforts.
- Exposure to project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques a plus.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.