Sr. Business Architect (closed)
Help deliver the ultimate in video entertainment with an IT career at DIRECTV.
DIRECTV engineers develop world-class technologies that enable an unparalleled entertainment experience for our customers in the United States and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital* 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET, and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for twelve years running. In addition to revolutionizing the in-home entertainment experience (with 8 Emmy® Awards for technical achievement), DIRECTV engineers are driving innovations that deliver video beyond the home and even beyond the TV.
The role: Senior Business Architect
DIRECTV has an opportunity for Senior Business Architect. This person will participate in setting the strategic Business Architecture direction for the company. The candidate will collaborate with multiple business and IT stakeholders to establish and evolve DIRECTV's business architecture at the enterprise level and for specific business units. The candidate will work with others to standardize and align business architecture hand-offs and deliverables to the technical architecture and project implementation teams. The Business Architect will also function as the lead for key strategic program definition and creation.
- Lead the key strategic program definition and creation (blueprint) team composed of IT and business stakeholders
- Work with Business and IT Executives to elicit, analyze, document, and validate business objectives, priorities, and benefits
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts to define and refine the DIRECTV business architecture. Determine current and future business processes, business use cases, business capabilities, business requirements and rules. Conduct gap analysis of current to future state business architecture
- Work with Technical Architects to ensure that proposed solution architecture aligns with business objectives and benefits
- Work with team to define an incremental solution delivery tied to business value
- Collaborate to define organizational impacts, TCO, and business value (ROI) of initiatives
- Lead Blueprint executive communication and alignment through multiple checkpoints and presentations. Validate Blueprint business and technical architecture with IT Executives
- Provide post-Blueprint support during program execution to ensure delivery to original roadmap
- Collaborate with IT stakeholders to further establish DIRECTV's Business Architecture practice and business process analysis approach
- Collaborate with IT stakeholders to support IT Strategic Planning
- Must be skilled at effective techniques for requirements elicitation, Analyze and categorize business requirements and translate into optimized business process flows, business use cases, and activity diagrams.
- Experience in working with senior level business sponsor to gather the business vision, goal and requirements
- Experience in building Business Capability Model, Business Process Design and creating Business Process Models using BPMN notation
- Must have proven ability to clearly define business entities and business rules within business process models, Business use case definitions, Value chain analysis and knowledge of UML, business modeling framework such as eTOM or APQC capability framework from is a big plus
- Minimum of 10 years of business analysis, business architecture or equivalent background
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to abstract complex business and technical concepts and summarize them to IT stakeholders
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to IT and Business Executives
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills - lead, collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate as necessary
- Must be a self-starter who can proactively identify and solve problems in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Good time management skills - ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments concurrently
- In depth domain expertise in functional areas such as sales/marketing, customer care, finance, supply chain a plus
- Knowledge of telecom/cable/satellite industry a strong plus
- Project and program management skills a plus
- Can work flexible hours
- Travel may be required