Senior Software Engineer - Java (closed)
Palace Gate Corporation is currently hiring for a Sr. Staff Software Engineer in Tinley Park, IL. Our client is in the technology industry. This is a fulltime position.
The Senior Staff Software Engineer will design and develop software for the Client Physical Infrastructure Manager (PIM) system. This role encompasses responsibilities that include requirements definition, software design and implementation, and quality assurance. This position is a senior-level resource on a cross-functional development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical lead on multiple high risk/high priority projects with significant business potential.
- Design, code, and test software applications that run on or interact with the PIM server. Coding is primarily in Java.
- Actively participate in our on-going organizational Agile transformation initiatives.
- Work closely with product owners and product managers to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Provide cross-organizational consulting support across a range of software disciplines.
- Interact with other organizations both within and outside the company to achieve project goals.
- Mentor other team members as needed.
- Collaborate with technical support staff in resolving customer issues in a timely manner.
- Customer support activities, including technical sales support, trials and demo’s, training, system installation, launch and post-installation support.
- Development on Windows and Linux/UNIX platforms.
Education and Training
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Post-graduate coursework desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience.
- Must have experience and enthusiasm for Agile/Scrum process methodologies in a continuous integration environment.
- Prior technical leadership role on medium to large-scale enterprise software projects.
- Recognized technical subject matter expertise in multiple areas.
- Must have development experience using Java/J2EE, JBoss, XML, Web Services (SOAP, REST, etc.), design patterns, JUnit, and SQL.
- GUI development experience highly desirable.
- Experience in SNMP development highly desirable.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a solid understanding of scalability, performance tuning, and security issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Palace Gate Corporation is an information technology consulting and full-time placement firm that is committed to the success of our clients and our talented placements alike. Palace Gate is consistent in matching the right people with right opportunity. Our company approach is simple: understand our clients’ requirements, business needs and cultures in order to quickly identify the best resources to meet those needs and achieve business success.
For immediate consideration please contact:
IT Recruiter Specialist
Palace Gate Corporation
Dallas - Fort Worth, TX
WBE - Certified Diversity Supplier